Scope AR is a leader in the Augmented Reality (AR) space working with companies such as Lockheed-Martin and Unilever. Our frontier technology transforms the way that enterprises get critical knowledge to the people in the field who need it, when they need it.
Starting with the industrial sector, Scope AR has created innovative field assistance and knowledge management solutions for technicians by providing a centralized technology platform to host collaborative, real-time guided training for the workforce.
Working at Scope AR provides you the opportunity to create products that have a real and major impact on the way products around the globe are created. Lockheed-Martin, for example, uses our AR platform as part of their workflow to assist their team members to build the next NASA spacecraft, Orion.
As a DevOps, you will be responsible for scaling and securing server and network infrastructure or our services, both for the Scope AR Cloud and for on-premise installations, often for large, security conscious customers. You will play a key role in delivering the services our software depends upon, and be essential to our success.
- Work with development teams to automate and streamline releases of our mission-critical distributed systems.
- Based on our customers’ needs, design infrastructure configurations, both for our hosted services and for on-premise installations.
- Anticipate changes to infrastructure to meet customers’ changing needs.
- Write scripts to automate installations, maintenance, migrations, etc.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and administer VMs and networks for our hosted infrastructure.
- Improve our Docker Swarm configuration set up for high availability and scalability to support our products.
- Improve and execute on security policies. Identify and resolve security issues.
- Run scans, and harden server images, configuration, networks and environments.
- Monitor services infrastructure performance; analyze issues, recommend and implement changes.
- Automate testing of configuration and scripts
- Load / stress test configurations.
- Create and run tests to determine scaling characteristics
- Document DevOps processes: develop standards to guide operations, support and maintenance
- Work with our customer to establish suitable network configurations and security policies to run our software.
- Provide top tier support for on-premise installations
- Respond to security and infrastructure questions
- Plan and execute on meeting compliance requirements.
- Very good Linux knowledge
- Linux server scripting skills, especially bash and higher level languages, such as Python.
- Automating installations.
- Network configuration, setting firewall rules and other security policies
- AWS management, especially configuring VPCs, and using IAM.
- Working with Docker, Docker compose and Docker swarm.
- Database scaling and clustering.
- Scaling servives and network infrastructure in a cloud or data centre environment.
- Managed microservice-based service at scale.
- How to monitor service performance, and automate scaling up or down.
- How to monitor for security issues in an AWS environment.
- Familiar with red/black deployments
- Experience with other AWS services, such as Aurora
- Experience with non-AWS cloud services, such as Microsoft Azure.
- Comfortable scripting in Python and/or Ruby
- Experience with Chef / Puppet.
- Experience working in a SOC 2, ISO27001, and other compliance environments
If you have the skills above, work hard and want to help us succeed, we'd love to hear from you.
We're growing our team quickly, so if you like solving hard problems, want to have real influence at work and have the skills listed above, we'd love to hear from you!