Technical Artist (Casual)
Culver City, CA
Games Building – Art Design
You will be working on the development of our high profile Wheel of Fortune mobile game, which is being developed in Unity. You will be responsible for optimal technical implementation of art into the game. Your role will be to improve art quality, not only by improving efficiencies, tools, and pipelines, but also by creating animations, VFX, and shaders. You will also be responsible for optimizations by making sure that the art takes into consideration draw calls, number of polygons, texture compression, target frame rates and other technical limitations.
- Work with artists to implement game art into Unity accurately, optimally and at the highest possible visual quality.
- Assist in the creation of Art Technical Design Documents to plan feature design implementation into Unity.
- Integrate 2D Sprite / UI Image assets into Unity using NGUI
- Create and integrate 3D assets into Unity
- Create particles, shaders, animations and other VFX to enhance game experience.
- Proactively identify and solve challenging technical issues in the asset pipeline
- Provide hands-on support to artists and engineers in regard to asset performance and validation.
- Create art pipeline tools to facilitate art creation and art validation.
- Communicate with art outsourcers to share technology and best practices
- Expert with Unity Game Engine
- Expert with Unity NGUI/UI Images/Legacy Animations
- Experience creating shaders and particles in Unity
- Strong 3D asset pipeline and creation skills using Maya or 3dsMax
- Strong in Adobe Photoshop
- Must have shipped at least one mobile game on Android and iOS
What gets you Rockstar Status
- Experience creating art tools for 2d / 3d art asset pipelines
- Experience with UGUI and RectTransforms
- Experience creating/modifying C# components in Unity is a plus