Back-End Developer - Systems
Software Engineering & Development – System Development /
About the Back-End Developer role:
As a Back-End Developer, innovation, collaboration, and a knack for creating quality code are what drives you. Using C# and SQL our Back-End Developer is responsible for the architecture and development of database application solutions and their integration with front-end applications. The Back-End Developer will be responsible for designing and developing new applications, as well as maintaining and upgrading existing tools. You will play an integral part in the project life cycle and work closely with our Product Managers, Designers and other Engineers from the initial concept to the final release.
- Write clean, fast, compatible, accessible friendly code
- Evaluate and deliver timeline estimates for small and large projects
- Proactively communicate to Project Managers and Engineering Developers in regards to each ongoing project to ensure product success
- Stay up to date on the latest coding strategies, best practices, trending methodologies and troubleshooting, and tactical technologies useful to our environment
- Be a team player and advocate for best practices and methodologies
- Able to approach and adapt to changing needs with a positive mindset and pivot quickly from one project to another
- You will be responsible for coding, testing, debugging, documenting and supporting the things that you build
- You will be responsible for the maintenance of existing applications and improving the performance, efficiency, and health of the existing code
- You will be responsible for implementing all aspects of modern application design - high-performance design, coding, caching mechanisms, security, encryption, state management, error logging, debugging, code reviews, development environment configuration, and unit testing
- You'll work directly with a collaborative team of Developers, Designers, and Project Leads to build solutions for our clients
- 4+ years of experience in software development with demonstrable experience having worked on back-end development
- Knowledge in .NET & ASP.NET, Visual Studio, Soap, Restful, SQL Server (SSIS, Stored Procedures).