Senior Product Designer (Consumer; Remote)
San Francisco, CA
We’re obsessed with helping people see the world for far less money than they ever thought possible.
Our business model is simple: our team of flight experts search for incredible deals on international flights 24/7. When we find a cheap flight that passes our stringent quality standards (factors include ticket price, itinerary, airline reputation and extra fees and more), we email members with details and booking instructions.
Our vision is to be the first place people turn when planning or booking an international trip.
Over 1,500,000 members around the world!
Since opening our platform to the public in 2015, more than 1,500,000 people around the world have joined and saved over $100 million on international flights!
We work remotely.
We’re a 100% remote company, with team members distributed around the globe in over a dozen countries.
Please note: While this role is open to candidates located anywhere, we do require several hours a day of availability during Pacific Time for team collaboration.
Curious to learn more?
You can also listen to an in-depth podcast on Indie Hacker: Building a Million Dollar Mailing List with Scott of Scott's Cheap Flights on how he grew the business.
As a Product Designer you will...
- Work side-by-side with Product and Engineering to design new products and iterate on existing products
- Be in constant communication with Scott’s Cheap Flights members to intimately understand and translate their wants and needs into meaningful products and experiences
- Build and test prototypes early and often to validate and communicate ideas, and gain new insights along the way
- Own the user journey across all Scott’s Cheap Flights touch points, including web, mobile, email, social, etc. and ensure they function well on their own, and as a whole
- Translate winning prototypes and validated ideas into successful designs
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience launching successful consumer products across web, mobile apps and email
- Portfolio showing off your best work
- You’re customer obsessed: The customer matters most, and you do whatever it takes to understand and solve their problems, wants and needs
- Excellent communication skills: You will be collaborating with other remote team members, stakeholders and our global community regularly
- Familiarity with employing tools like surveys, emails, calls, and discussions to gather data and research
- Data driven: You know what questions to ask using metrics to determine future decisions, and measure the performance of past decisions
- You enjoy being creative, resourceful and find it a personal mission to dissect and fully understand the problem before reaching a solution
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, unafraid of change and proactive
Nice to have skills:
- Advanced HTML, CSS proficiency
- Webflow experience (check out our dedicated job description for designers with Webflow experience)
What we value:
- Be a team player
- Embrace change
- Advocate for members
- Communicate clearly
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation and stake in the success of the company
- Unlimited PTO: We are a travel company, after all
- 401k with a company match
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage: Top-tier health insurance plans for you and your dependents (for US-based employees)
- Paid family leave: 3 months of paid leave for you and your new family
- Equipment: We'll make sure you have the office equipment and technology you need to succeed
- Fitness: Get reimbursed for gym memberships, fitness activities, and exercise media
- Continuing education: We will reimburse books, seminars, webinars, classes, workshops, or conferences that are of high educational value to your career
- Volunteer time off: One full day or two half-days per calendar year to volunteer for an organization or cause that you feel strongly about
- Meet up perk: If you are meeting up with a fellow Scott’s Cheap Flights team member each person gets reimbursed for food, drinks, or do something awesome
- On your birthday: take the day off!
We're a 100% remote team:
- Our team is distributed around the globe and as a remote-only company we have all of the infrastructure in place to work well both synchronously and asynchronously including Slack, Zoom, Google Team Drive, Geekbot, etc.
- Since we don't have any offices, nobody accidentally gets left out while the rest of the team huddles in a conference room or water cooler
Sound like an amazing fit?
We look forward to receiving your application. Be sure to include any information you think is relevant and why you’d be an excellent fit.