Motion Graphics Designer
About the role:
Our creative team is looking for a full-time Animator/ Motion Graphics Designer to help us tell the world about Scott’s Cheap Flights through thoughtfully crafted content and engaging experiences. You'll be joining a dynamic group of designers and content producers to build awareness of the Scott's Cheap Flights brand and product benefits. We are looking for an animator that is great at storytelling, creative thinking, and has strong collaboration skills.
In the short term, you will:
- Collaborate with Design, Product and Content teams to understand needs and develop assets, and bring ideas and assets to life through animation & production
- Produce a wide range of animation and motion content for social media, campaigns, and product UI overviews.
- Take lead on projects from concept to delivery-storyboard, design, animation, feedback, QA, and production.
- Bring a level of clarity and understanding of our product through animations, videos and GIFs
- Work within existing brand standards as well as creating new assets that build and support our design system
- Translate a concept from storyboard to a polished creative piece and tailor deliverables to specific marketing channels
In the long term, you will:
- Build relationships and collaborate with cross functional partners (marketing, engineering, customer experience, and brand to name a few) to bring engaging narratives to life through technical motion design projects
- Work to a variety of deadlines across multiple projects at once
- Demonstrate consistent ability to meet visual requirements and benchmarks for paid social advertising for large branding campaigns.
- Show ability to master content by consistently improving on speed and quality of visuals.
- Find creative ways to incorporate data learnings into ad concepts.
- Contribute and communicate your ideas during creative brainstorming for static, video, and interactive ad concepts.
- Supplement, scale, and produce and test new ideas across channels.
- Occasional travel, with notice, is expected
- 3+ years experience in video production and animation; or equivalent combination of education or experience
- Experience wearing multiple hats (animator / editor / designer)
What you know:
- An outstanding portfolio with a proven foundation in motion design, storytelling, creative strategy, and concept ideation
- Strong video post-production, VFX, and motion graphics skills
- Have a great understanding of storytelling with a strong editing sense
- Ability to storyboard in a team with a copywriter
- A never-ending desire to learn new techniques and technology to advance your craft
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with creative directors, developers, designers, writers and project managers throughout the creation lifecycle
- Expertise in After Effects, proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere
- Figma knowledge a plus
- Experience with 3D modeling software a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Illustration and full design capabilities are a plus.
- Experience in character animation is a plus.
Why you might love working here:
- 100% remote work environment, so go ahead and bring your dog to work or wear your PJ's to the office!
- Open vacation policy, with a 3 week minimum!
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401(k) with a 5% match
- Up to 12-weeks of paid family leave
- Meetup meals when you cross paths with a co-worker
- Continuing education & development reimbursement
- Yearly team retreat (In 2021 we went to Cabo San Lucas)
- Challenging problems to solve and an awesome team to collaborate with every single day
We want you to bring your authentic self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to ancestry; age; appearance; color; gender identity and/or expression; genetics; family or parental status; marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status; mental, physical, or sensory disability; national, social or ethnic origin; past or present military service; sexual orientation; socioeconomic status; race; religion or belief.
If you require a reasonable accommodation or assistance for any part of the interview and employment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request.