Senior Front End Developer (Remote)
San Francisco, CA
At Scott's Cheap Flights, we're obsessed with helping people see the world.
Our business model is simple: Our dedicated team will search for incredible deals on international flights around the clock. We’ll then alert subscribers when we find ones that depart from one of their favorite local airports.
Since opening up our platform to the public in 2015, more than 1,500,000 people around the world have subscribed for alerts on our hand-picked fares and other incredible deals. Our culture of Scott’s Cheap Flights fully embodies the company vision: to help people travel and experience more, while spending less.
Why work at Scott’s Cheap Flights? You want to be a part of something meaningful. We’re a 100% remote team at Scott’s Cheap Flights; distributed around the globe. We have a real team of travel aficionados whose only goal is to help you find the best flight fares for international travel. Our team selects the best offerings whether it’s airline mistake fares, secret sales, two-destinations-for-one flights -- we make sure to only present you the best.
If you're happiest and do your best work working remotely, alongside a small team of talented developers -- where you’ll be exposed to a ton of ownership, autonomy and room for growth, then Scott's Cheap Flights might just be a fit for you.
Curious to learn more? Check out Scott's $1,000 round-the-world journey and read more from our community.
You can also listen to an in-depth podcast on Indie Hacker: Building a Million Dollar Mailing List with Scott of Scott's Cheap Flights with Scott Keyes on how he grew the business.
Why we're hiring a Front End Developer:
We are seeking an experienced Front End Developer to join our fully-remote team and help us as we experience rapid growth. You will be responsible for building our next set of products and features and eventually growing and guiding our engineering team.
This is an opportunity to not only join an unrivaled company, one that is scaling quickly, but is also a chance for those who desire a leadership role, to pursue that path.
- Lead our front-end web development from start to finish. In many cases you'll have pixel-perfect designs to work from; in others you'll run with back-of-the-napkin sketches
- Work closely with our Product and Marketing team members to identify and implement tests and improvements to our user experience
Qualifications & Requirements:
- You love getting your hands dirty and take ownership and responsibility for products you're working on
- You're an expert with a front-end framework (e.g. React, Vue.js, etc)
- You’re comfortable and effective working autonomously on a fully-remote team during US-timezones
- You’re an exceptional communicator, both verbally and through writing (we’re a remote team and frequently work asynchronously)
What we value:
- Be a team player
- Embrace change
- Advocate for subscribers
- Communicate clearly
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Unlimited PTO: We are a travel company, after all
- 401k with a company match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision: Premium plans for you and your dependents (for US-based employees)
- Paid Family Leave - 3 months of paid leave for you and your new family
- Equipment: We'll make sure you have the MacBook or other hardware that'll help you succeed at your job
We're a 100% diverse remote team:
- Our team is distributed around the globe and as a remote-only company we have all of the infrastructure in place to work well both synchronously and asynchronously including Slack, Zoom, Google Team Drive, Geekbot, etc.
- Since we don't have any offices, nobody accidentally gets left out while the rest of the team huddles in a conference room or water cooler.
Sound like an amazing fit? Join us and do the best work of your life.
Please let us know by applying. We look forward to receiving your application. Be sure to include any information you think is relevant and why you’d be an excellent fit.
*Please note that we will consider applicants from all locations, but we are looking for somebody to work during US-timezones.