San Francisco Bay Area
Software Engineering – Software Engineering
The Scout Engineering Team is growing! We are looking to hire our first Data/API Engineer to help in taking the lead on our infrastructure build going forward. The ideal candidate for this role will be passionate about crafting an integration foundation that will form the roots of a rapidly growing enterprise customer base which includes Starbucks, Uber, Best Buy, Intuit, Clorox, Airbnb, Rodan+Fields, ServiceNow, Royal Caribbean Twitter, Sephora, and many more, that is demanding additional products and services from an already working and successful suite of B2B software products.
The goal of this individual will be to scale our data processing infrastructure to handle rapid growth in customers and data volume. This hire will assist and have a hand in growing the local data team here in our SFHQ. In this role, you are going to be busy.
What You Will Do:
- Integrate closely with key partner ERP, CRM and HCM companies to build certified APIs providing a seamless experience between large partners, shared customers and Scout
- Architect the ingestion of data from the partnership ecosystem and then apply it to train machine learning algorithms, such as a recommendation engine, that will make our customers 10X more productive with minimal effort on their part
- Evaluate and recommend technologies that your team will work with going forward
- Investigate and performance tune the OLTP database to ensure scalability to match our rapidly growing customer base
- Develop new OLAP and eventing modules that integrates our OLTP with partner integrations. Evaluate and recommend ETL/ELT technologies that the team will use.
- Collaborate with the Product team to discover and prototype disruptive ideas in our space that our customers want us to create on their behalf
- Early impact on an important team within a company that will grow exponentially over the next 2-3 years
What You Bring To The Table:
- You are comfortable working with a European software engineering team as one of the first Data/API engineers at the company
- A history of solving challenging problems by discovering and applying the best technologies to bring rapid solutions
- Passion for building quality code that scales well with testing automation
- Demonstrated ownership of new features and product enhancements from discovery through deployment
- The ability to draw insights from data sources for the purpose of optimization in strategic sourcing
- The desire and ability to apply data science and linear programming to strategic sourcing
- Creative problem solving skills coupled with a learning mindset (Tell us about what cool tech you have learned recently)
- An active and eager interest in databases, AWS and serverless technologies
Nice To Have (but not required):
- Ruby, Ruby on RailsPython, Pandas, PuLP
- Linear Programming, AMPL, CPLEX, Gurobi
- Scala, Spark
- AWS Glue (or other ETL tools)
- GraphQLRedshift, Snowflake
What you will get from us:
- Equity in a rapidly growing Enterprise software company
- Competitive compensation and superior benefit plans. We offer fully paid health benefits for our team members and contribute toward the cost of dependents on our plan.
- Ability to work with and learn from an incredibly strong team of talented software engineers
- Room to grow professionally
Competition. Whom do we compete with? Legacy data, Excel Spreadsheets and even pen and paper. We are an intuitive, cloud-based software that helps procurement professionals source fast and make a bigger business impact.
Smart and sustainable growth. Yes, we’re growing, but we’re doing so in a controlled manner. The money goes into the business and continues to build & bring the best product possible to market.
Benefits. Medical, dental and vision coverage. Health Savings Accounts. 401(k) plan. Pre-tax commuter benefits. Retirement plan. Lunch twice a week. We are always evaluating our options to do what we can to bring the best to our employees.
Transparency. Lots of companies say it, few of them actually live it, which we do every day.
Scout provides a new breed of cloud-based strategic e-sourcing solutions that help organizations achieve better outcomes and make a bigger business impact. Our simple, effective interface enables companies to streamline supplier selection, manage vendors, centralize data, and make more informed purchasing decisions, faster. Scout serves 168 enterprises across a wide range of markets, including technology, retail, restaurants, manufacturing, hospitals, universities, construction, insurance, and more.