Back End Developer
Scoutside creates brand identities and digital experiences for enterprise level merchants in the health, wellness, food and beverage industry.
We have built a collection of web application that extends the functionality of Shopify to better serve the needs of this industry.
We believe in superior user experiences for all users of the system, both front end users and back end users.
Getting dirty with
- Writing back-end code in Ruby and possibly Node
- Interacting with databases from a Rails perspective with ActiveRecord
- Connecting with third party applications while managing API limits and the pagination of resources
- Learning and growing constantly to feed your passion for self-improvement and make those around you better
- Using TDD to write well-tested code
- Fixing bugs fast and taking your time to solve hard problems well
- Is some of this tech new to you? That’s OK! We know not everyone will come in fully familiar with this stack, and we provide support to learn on the job.
- Collaborating with other disciplines across Engineering and Design to help develop back-end solutions for client and customer problems.
- 2+ years in a development position
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git Experience with relational databases and SQL (we’re mostly on Postgres)
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
Above and Beyond
- A desire to jump in and work with front-end technologies
- Experience with React and Webpack would be a plus
- mediocre sense of humor
We are a tight group of really talented people that care about one another. Each member makes a huge impact to the team, culture and work product. There are no passive roles here. We value honesty, comfort and a sense of humor to create the best work environment.
Excellent communication skills, ability to convey concepts articulately, gracefully challenge assumptions and work with clients.
Our bright & beautiful studio in downtown Charleston with full kitchen, full bath, 16' ceilings, views of the ocean and walking distance to great restaurants and shops.