Pre-Sales Solution Architect
Scrapinghub is looking for a motivated Senior Solution Architect to further accelerate the rapid growth the company has seen in the last 3+ years. The position will be remote based in a globally distributed team which features an amazing startup culture backed by strong technical expertise from highly qualified professionals from more than 30 countries.
As a Solution Architect, you will be in charge of the requirement analysis phase of our Professional Services projects. You will gather the requirements, analyze and provide technical solution outlines to the prospective customers and win the project.
- Meet with customers for requirement collection and provide technical consultation and advice as needed.
- Translate customer needs into a viable business solution; this may involve deeper technical investigation and then presenting an optimal resolution inclusive of effort estimates which fit the customer’s business and expectations.
- Mentor other developers to build a strong team of Pre-Sales Solution Architects.
- Ensure you are up-to-date on Scrapinghub products and service offerings which will enable you to provide an architectural solution that includes the latest features.
- Create and present “Solution Architecture” section of the proposals which consist of highlights of the approach taken to build the solution.
- Take ownership of learning upcoming product and service capabilities by requesting training sessions from the concerned team.
- Work with subject matter experts to provide better solutions.
- You have a background in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- You have the zeal to understand customer business requirements really well by asking the right questions.
- The ability of verbally articulating technical solutions during meetings with the customers and solid written communication
- Solid experience of mentoring teams preferably software developers.
- Proven knowledge and experience of estimation and planning.
- Extremely well organised and self-motivated - essential because we’re a remote team.
- A proven track record of working with a remote team.
- Knowledge of and interest in web crawling, data mining and information retrieval.
Bonus points for:
What you get
- Freedom to work from wherever you want.
- A chance to work with smart and self-motivated peers.
- A benefits pack that includes 20 days of paid vacations per year, your local country holidays, a hardware allowance, and an online services program intended for professional growth (Coursera courses, books).
- The opportunity to go to conferences and meet with the rest of the team.