Head of People and Places
San Francisco /
People & Places /
As Scratch’s Head of People and Places, you will be an integral part of Scratch’s leadership team. You will be responsible for creating an uplifting experience for all our employees, reflective of Scratch’s values and vision. Working in this role will require you to set the right foundations in place to motivate and support our fast-growing team through our current phase of rapid growth, help promote professional development, and foster cultural consistency as we continue to grow.
In this role, you will:
- Productivity and Communication
- Improve the collection and use of people-related data to help guide organizational decisions and prioritiesEnsure alignment between individual and organization goals and objectives
- Evolve processes and programs; understand organizational needs and create and drive processes, policies, and workflows that are compliant, efficient, scalable, and reflect Scratch’s values
- Ensure cultural consistency as Scratch grows and scales, and help build infrastructure and communications to manage through change
- Manage performance review cycles and process
- Onboarding, Employee Training and Development
- Support the company’s recruitment efforts during this phase of massive growth
- Further iterate and oversee our comprehensive onboarding process for all new hires
- Build and implement programs across ongoing training, feedback and culture building to reinforce our values and vision around Scratch
- Proactively assess business needs including automation to improve efficiency, employee training and development and tools to develop a high performing organization
- Create learning and development programs to prepare employees for more significant responsibilities as the company continues to grow and to help our leaders become better managers
- Manage human resources needs across the organization, including payroll and benefits, compensation
- Coach and develop relationships within the organization while inspiring a culture of personal accountability, execution, collaboration and positivity
- Champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion efforts and promote awareness, and ensure an inclusive work environment that fosters belonging and allyship
- Provide input on our employee experience programs; ensure we are setting up our employees to do their best work most often through inspiring spaces, educational events, uplifting opportunities to give back, engaging socials, team building offsites, and meaningful celebrations
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 6+ years work experience in People Operations or Human Resources
- Prior experience building the People Ops function at a rapidly scaling company
- Excellent communication skills and ability to coach, influence, and partner with various levels of employees, with high integrity
- Superb judgment and strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively handle multiple priorities
- Knowledge of HR / People Operations processes, benefits plans and integrated payroll processes
- Experience with compliance (e.g. right to work) and employment law
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with others toward mutual objectives and able to influence across non-direct reports on cross functional teams
- Able to demonstrate complete discretion and confidentialityAble to work effectively in an open, energetic environment
- A track record for being highly accountable and driven, and relish the idea of having the opportunity to set the foundations for and directly impact the direction of a hyper-growth company
We want you!
If you made it this far, chances are you’re as excited about working to change how people experience debt as we are—and we love that. Please apply even if you’re unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. Scratch is looking for smart, intellectually curious people who are invested in our mission, not just those who can “check all the boxes”.
Scratch's mission is to build a repayment platform to change the way consumers experience debt. Most of us take on debt to help us get ahead, or in many cases, to not fall behind. But for most of us—despite its necessity—once we have debt, it doesn't play a healthy role in our lives. It can be hard to understand, difficult to manage, and unaccommodating to changes in our lives.
This is why we started Scratch. We wanted to reinvent the loan servicing industry, well—from scratch. We wanted to create a world where debt plays a healthier and less taxing role in more people's lives. By bringing world-class product and technical thinking to a multi-trillion industry that hasn't seen innovation in well over two decades, Scratch's platform empowers borrowers to have greater control, visibility and flexibility over their financial health, removing the traditional loan servicer from the equation altogether and bringing borrowers closer to their lenders.
Our team is rapidly growing and comes from diverse backgrounds including Dropbox, Pinterest, Twitter and Google. Our office is based in San Francisco.
With a rapidly growing community of lenders and borrowers, we think it's time the world knows there's a better way to pay back their loans. We'd love for you to join in our mission and help play a role in changing the way we experience debt for the better!
Benefits we provide
Health insurance: We cover 99% of your healthcare premiums and 70% of your dependent’s premiums and offer competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans.
Learning and development stipend: We offer a $1,500 per year stipend for your personal career development!
Wellness benefit: We’re proud to provide employees a $100/month pre-tax credit towards any gym or fitness program.
Catered lunches and snacks: We have high-quality catered lunches every day and well-stocked kitchens.
Generous PTO (including your birthday!), sick leave, and parental leave
401k program: We offer a 401k program!
Additional benefits: We offer each employee the opportunity to enroll in pre-tax benefits, such as commuter benefits and an FSA account.