Data Analyst, Product Operations
San Francisco /
Product Operations /
About the Team
Scratch is a new kind of loan servicer and we’re changing the way borrowers experience debt. We’ve brought world-class product and technical thinking to a multi-billion dollar industry that hasn't seen an attempt at a tech solution in well over two decades. We're looking for smart, intellectually curious people to be a part of our Scratch journey.
Product Operations ensures we are meeting our customers’ and borrowers’ needs and works with internal teams to improve operational efficiency. Furthermore, Operations works cross-functionally to build new features and tools in order to improve the experiences of our teams, borrowers, and customers. The team is focused on creating optimizations in our product and in processes to ensure internal efficiency and a positive borrower and customer experience.
About the Role
As a Data Analyst on the Product Operations Team, you'll help us draw valuable insights that measure the success of new product launches, help maintain and update our internal and customer reporting, and leverage data to improve internal processes. In this role you'll work closely with Product, Design, Engineering, and Operations to create better products, more efficient processes, and ultimately a better borrower experience.
You’ll love this job if:
- You’re detail-oriented, organized, positive, and love supporting others
- You’re able to juggle many tasks at once and are motivated by completing those tasks each day
- You’re diligent and triple check your work
- You enjoy digging deep into the details of complex problems
- You’re able to communicate with people of varying backgrounds and are able to support our borrowers and team members through complicated processes.
- You’re passionate about small businesses and feel strongly about their value in the economy
- You’re also passionate about learning new aspects of the financial servicing industry and growing your knowledge base
In this role, you will:
- Help design key performance metrics that enable the team to measure product success
- Develop dashboards and automated reporting related to key performance metrics
- Conduct analyses and document and communicate the results to project stakeholders
- Investigate and triage incidents and issues
- Run basic commands in our production environment (we will train you!)
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have at least one year of experience in product analytics
- You have experience and passion for designing metrics
- You have a knack for converting data into effective visual dashboards
- You are highly skilled at writing SQL to query relational databases; knowledge of R or Python is a plus
- You take a curious approach to problem solving and a desire to grow and learn
- You're Interested in FinTech and lending
- You have lending experience, though this isn't required
Scratch's mission is to build a repayment platform to change the way consumers experience their debt. We believe that debt is one of those inevitable things that everyone has to deal with, yet few people are actually able to fully understand and wrangle with it in an effective manner.
By bringing world-class product and technical thinking to a multi-billion dollar industry that hasn’t seen innovation in well over two decades, Scratch enables people to understand their debt, whether it be a personal loan, school loan, or mortgage.
We have built a small, but really amazing team consisting of folks who have built some very well-known products at Google, Dropbox, Amazon, Pinterest, Facebook, Affirm, and more. Our office is based in San Francisco.
Benefits we Provide:
Health insurance: We cover 99% of your healthcare premiums and 70% of your dependent’s premiums and offer competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans.
Learning and development stipend: We offer a $1,500 per year stipend for your personal career development!
Wellness benefit: We’re proud to provide employees a $100/month pre-tax credit towards any gym or fitness program.
Catered lunches and snacks: We have high-quality catered lunches every day and well-stocked kitchens.
Cell phone reimbursement: We reimburse you $50 per month towards your cell phone bill.
Generous PTO (including your birthday!), sick leave, and parental leave
401k program: We offer a 401k program!
Additional benefits: We offer each employee the opportunity to enroll in pre-tax benefits, such as commuter benefits and an FSA account.