San Francisco /
Borrower Guidance /
What you'll do:
As part of our Loan Guides team, you will work with our borrowers to help them understand their loans. You will be an advocate for our borrowers, both internally and with our external partners. As the first line of communications for Scratch, you'll work directly with borrowers to address issues, answer questions and incorporate feedback into our continuously evolving platform via the phone, email, and chat. You will move at a fast pace, showing a passion for learning new things while displaying empathy in interactions with our borrowers.
- Troubleshoots system issues through diagnostic techniques and relevant questions.
- Utilizes resources and relationships with other departments to resolve more complex issues.
- Provides excellent internal and external customer service; demonstrates professionalism in all functions and modes of communication.
- Works independently and carries out assignments to completion within parameters of standard accepted practices or agreed upon Service Level Agreements
What we’re looking for:
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar role
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Extremely organized, strong attention to detail
- Highly adaptable team player
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple issues in a timely manner
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office)
- High school diploma or GED required
What We Offer:
- Health Care: We cover 99% of your healthcare premiums and 70% of your dependents premiums and offer competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans.
- Retirement: We provide a company-sponsored 401k program!
- Learning & Development: We offer a $1,500 per year stipend for your personal career development!
- Wellness Benefit: We’re proud to provide employees a $100/month pre tax credit towards any gym or fitness program.
- Catered Lunches: We have high-quality catered lunches every day and well-stocked kitchens.
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
- Cell Phone Reimbursement: We reimburse you $50 per month towards your cell phone bill.
- Additional Benefits: We offer each employee to enroll in tax free benefits such as commuter benefits and an FSA account.
Scratch's mission is to build a repayment platform to change the way consumers experience debt. Most of us take on debt to help us get ahead, or in many cases, to not fall behind. But for most of us—despite its necessity—once we have debt, it doesn't play a healthy role in our lives. It can be hard to understand, difficult to manage, and unaccommodating to changes in our lives.
This is why we started Scratch. We wanted to reinvent the loan servicing industry, well—from scratch. We wanted to create a world where debt plays a healthier and less taxing role in more people's lives. By bringing world-class product and technical thinking to a multi-trillion industry that hasn't seen innovation in well over two decades, Scratch's platform empowers borrowers to have greater control, visibility and flexibility over their financial health, removing the traditional loan servicer from the equation altogether and bringing borrowers closer to their lenders.
Our team is rapidly growing and comes from diverse backgrounds including Google, Dropbox, Amazon, Pinterest, Facebook and Affirm. Our office is based in San Francisco.
With a growing community of lenders and borrowers, we think it's time the world knows there's a better way to pay back their loans. We'd love for you to join in our mission and help play a role in changing the way we experience debt for the better!