Head of Borrower Support
San Francisco /
Borrower Guidance /
We’re looking for someone to head our growing Borrower Support Team. You’re responsible for the health of our borrowers and support team and will be proactively be evolving our policies and procedures in service of them. You’re a great communicator and leader. You care about the development of your team and are able to manage a team with differing skills and levels. You’ll lead our internal borrower operations policies and procedures and work to improve the efficacy of our support tools. You’ll talk to our current and potential clients (lenders and loan buyers) about our support and collections efforts and you’ll present support metrics and team health to the Executive Team.
What You'll Do:
- Manage a growing support team to support high volume inbound and outbound calls, emails, and chats for our borrowers
- Manage our payment and collections operations
- Set and monitor KPIs for the support team, our outbound collections efforts, and our inbound support efforts
- Responsible for staffing, including recruitment, on boarding, scheduling, development, and evaluation of team members
- Mentor and develop team members to enable personal and professional development
- Develop internal policies and processes for our support of borrowers
- Create reporting templates and support metrics to deliver monthly/periodic reports to lenders and our executive team
- Manage QA, new agent training, and ongoing training of our Borrower Support Team
- Experience in building an off-site support team a plus
- 8+ years experience in support operations and management
- Experience leading teams who handle phone, chat, and email support
- Lending and/or loan servicing experience a plus
- Knowledge of Zendesk a plus
- Knowledge of JIRA a plus
What We Offer:
- Health Care: We cover 99% of your healthcare premiums and 70% of your dependents premiums and offer competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans.
- Retirement: We provide a company-sponsored 401k program!
- Learning & Development: We offer a $1,500 per year stipend for your personal career development!
- Wellness Benefit: We’re proud to provide employees a $100/month pre tax credit towards any gym or fitness program.
- Catered Lunches: We have high-quality catered lunches every day and well-stocked kitchens.
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
- Cell Phone Reimbursement: We reimburse you $50 per month towards your cell phone bill.
- Additional Benefits: We offer each employee to enroll in tax free benefits such as commuter benefits and an FSA account.
Scratch's mission is to build a repayment platform to change the way consumers experience debt. Most of us take on debt to help us get ahead, or in many cases, to not fall behind. But for most of us—despite its necessity—once we have debt, it doesn't play a healthy role in our lives. It can be hard to understand, difficult to manage, and unaccommodating to changes in our lives.
This is why we started Scratch. We wanted to reinvent the loan servicing industry, well—from scratch. We wanted to create a world where debt plays a healthier and less taxing role in more people's lives. By bringing world-class product and technical thinking to a multi-trillion industry that hasn't seen innovation in well over two decades, Scratch's platform empowers borrowers to have greater control, visibility and flexibility over their financial health, removing the traditional loan servicer from the equation altogether and bringing borrowers closer to their lenders.
Our team is rapidly growing and comes from diverse backgrounds including Google, Dropbox, Amazon, Pinterest, Facebook and Affirm. Our office is based in San Francisco.
With a growing community of lenders and borrowers, we think it's time the world knows there's a better way to pay back their loans. We'd love for you to join in our mission and help play a role in changing the way we experience debt for the better!