Senior Tech-Ops Engineer
San Francisco /
People & Places /
Scratch is looking for a Senior Tech-ops Engineer who is excited to evaluate, automate, and manage the corporate infrastructure and non-production services necessary to support a rapidly growing company. This includes core services such as G-Suite, Okta, and Slack, non-production AWS infrastructure (GitHub Enterprise, Looker, etc…), and finance and security solutions necessary to run a scalable financial business.
What You'll Do
- You’ll be responsible for working hands-on with our DevOps and office operations teams to do everything from provisioning and managing Apple laptops.
- You’ll evaluate and deploy new productivity and security solutions
- You’ll keep our office networks and other corporate infrastructure running smoothly.
- You’ll work on all the things that companies rely on to get work done when in the office or working remotely.
- You Evaluate and deploy corporate infrastructure to enable a fast-growing company to scale
- Manage all aspects of corporate identity including unified SSO infrastructure
- Automate and improve onboarding and offboarding processes and procedures
- Support office operation in assessing, deploying, and optimizing internal technology solutions, equipment, and networks
- Although not a majority of the day-to-day, helping people on an individual basis when needed
- Maintaining SOC2 compliance from a infrastructure and services perspective
- Complete requests (JIRA Service Desk)
- Write highly maintainable infrastructure as code to implement and maintain infrastructure
What We're Seeking
- 4+ years experience in TechOps/IT for a technology-focused company
- A self-starter who feels comfortable assuming responsibility for evaluating solutions and driving implementation forward with little guidance
- A security focused individual that is always thinking a few steps ahead
- Experience supporting and managing a mostly MacOS corporate environment
- Previous experience running corporate services in AWS
- Identity management and SAML/OpenId Connect/SSO experience
- Comfortable working in a regulated industry
- Comfortable working with Linux, Windows and MacOS
- Previous experience with backup and recovery
- Previous experience with disaster recovery
- Comfortable working with GIT, Jenkins
- Comfortable scripting or programming in Bash, Golang, Ruby, Python or PowerShell
- Comfortable with networking concepts like TCP/IP, DNS, routing, VPNs
- Comfortable working with LDAP, SMTP, SYSLOG
- Experience using CI/CD tools to maintain infrastructure
- Reviewing infrastructure code written by your peers
We want you!
If you made it this far, chances are you’re as excited about working to change how people experience debt as we are—and we love that. Please apply even if you’re unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. Scratch is looking for smart, intellectually curious people who are invested in our mission, not just those who can “check all the boxes”.
Scratch's mission is to build a repayment platform to change the way consumers experience debt. Most of us take on debt to help us get ahead, or in many cases, to not fall behind. But for most of us—despite its necessity—once we have debt, it doesn't play a healthy role in our lives. It can be hard to understand, difficult to manage, and unaccommodating to changes in our lives.
This is why we started Scratch. We wanted to reinvent the loan servicing industry, well—from scratch. We wanted to create a world where debt plays a healthier and less taxing role in more people's lives. By bringing world-class product and technical thinking to a multi-trillion industry that hasn't seen innovation in well over two decades, Scratch's platform empowers borrowers to have greater control, visibility and flexibility over their financial health, removing the traditional loan servicer from the equation altogether and bringing borrowers closer to their lenders.
Our team is rapidly growing and comes from diverse backgrounds including Dropbox, Pinterest, Twitter and Google. Our office is based in San Francisco.
With a rapidly growing community of lenders and borrowers, we think it's time the world knows there's a better way to pay back their loans. We'd love for you to join in our mission and help play a role in changing the way we experience debt for the better!
Benefits we provide
Health insurance: We cover 99% of your healthcare premiums and 70% of your dependent’s premiums and offer competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans.
Learning and development stipend: We offer a $1,500 per year stipend for your personal career development!
Wellness benefit: We’re proud to provide employees a $100/month pre-tax credit towards any gym or fitness program.
Catered lunches and snacks: We have high-quality catered lunches every day and well-stocked kitchens.
Generous PTO (including your birthday!), sick leave, and parental leave
401k program: We offer a 401k program!
Additional benefits: We offer each employee the opportunity to enroll in pre-tax benefits, such as commuter benefits and an FSA account.