Legal Operations Specialist
Who we are
Scratch is a new kind of loan servicer, and we’re changing the way borrowers experience debt. We’ve brought world-class product and technical thinking to a multi-billion dollar industry that hasn't seen an attempt at a tech solution in well over two decades. We're looking for smart, intellectually curious people to be a part of our Scratch journey.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Legal Operations Specialist to join our legal and compliance team to support our growth and help us scale our critical programs, processes, and state licensing efforts.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional organizational and project management skills, experience with various licensing types, and a strong background as a paralegal or in compliance. Like us, the ideal candidate will take pride in sweating the details.
We’re a new and rapidly growing company, so you will act as a key contributor to the development of a unique culture that is reflective of our core values. You will be part of our small but talented legal team, which addresses novel, complex legal issues every day, and provides rapid, creative, and compliant solutions.
- Support our legal and compliance team with both larger strategic projects and day to day operations critical to our business
- Lead our state licensing initiatives end to end
- Work with our Risk and Compliance Lead to support and continuously improve our Compliance Management System(CMS)
- Keep our compliance policies fresh and provide guidance to stakeholders when regulatory or internal process changes have occurred
- Help our legal team with contract management and corporate governance
- Scale our inbound due diligence processes
- Additional support of our legal and compliance team as needed
What we’re looking for
- B.A. or B.S.
- 3+ years of legal operations, paralegal and/or compliance experience, with a preference for fintech experience
- Track record of collaborating with cross-functional groups(e.g., Finance, Operations, Engineering)
- State licensing experience strongly preferred
- Experience and comfort navigating State and Federal regulatory compliance requirements
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Self-direction and a knack for spotting issues and solving problems
Scratch does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.