Risk and Compliance Lead
San Francisco /
Scratch’s mission is to build a repayment platform to change the way consumers experience debt. We take pride in developing deep user understanding, obsess about the details, and go the extra mile to show our borrowers that we truly care about their financial wellbeing. Scratch is first and foremost borrower driven – engineering, product and design collaborate as equals to create the best possible experience for borrowers.
What You'll Do
As Scratch’s Risk and Compliance Lead you will join the legal team and will lead the charge in maintaining and continuing to develop industry best practices to mitigate risk and ensure compliance with laws and regulations. You’ll be responsible for tracking developments in state and federal regulations and making necessary updates to our policies and procedures. You’ll also be implementing internal risk assessments, testing, and auditing against P&P’s and providing reports to the leadership team identifying areas of opportunity for improvement. This role is an incredible opportunity for you to develop robust procedures that will have a lasting impact on Scratch, and will allow the company to continue to grow while being at the forefront of compliance in our industry.
Duties and Responsibilities
• With the assistance of the legal team, develop, implement, manage and iterate all aspects of a risk and compliance program, including developing and managing compliance training programs, policies and procedures and testing and monitoring program.
• Coordinate regulatory examinations and third party audits (including SOC 2) of Scratch, including the facilitation of information gathering, analysis and synthesis of data into a logical and consistent format.
• Interact with product and engineering teams in active feedback loops to continuously improve our systems and processes.
• Provide day-to-day compliance support and issue resolution to cross-functional teams and serve as the primary contact for new initiatives and projects.
• Translate regulatory requirements into actionable technology solutions, working closely with product, engineering and borrower operations teams.
• Oversee and coordinate internal risk management systems; assist in developing internal controls to mitigate identified
• B.A. or B.S.
• 4+ years of experience in a risk and compliance or infosec compliance role
• Experience coordinating and administering regulatory and third party audits including SOC 2
• Experience authoring or contributing to information security documentation and policies
• Strong communications skills and experience communicating project status to executive stakeholders
• Big 4, or management/IT consulting experience
• Experience with vendor risk management
• CISSP, CISM, CISA, CIPP or similar certifications
• Experience leading security or privacy training courses
• Practical experience implementing GRC
What We Offer
• Health Care: We cover 99% of your healthcare premiums and 70% of your dependents premiums and offer competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans.
• Retirement: We provide a company-sponsored 401k program!
• Learning & Development: We offer a $1,500 per year stipend for your personal career development!
• Wellness Benefit: We’re proud to provide employees a $100/month pre tax credit towards any gym or fitness program.
• Catered Lunches: We have high-quality catered lunches every day and well-stocked kitchens.
• Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
• Cell Phone Reimbursement: We reimburse you $50 per month towards your cell phone bill.
• Additional Benefits: We offer each employee to enroll in tax free benefits such as commuter benefits and an FSA account.
Scratch's mission is to reinvent the way people interact with and experience their debt. We believe that debt is one of those inevitable things that everyone has to deal with, yet few people actually understand and are able to wrangle with it in an effective manner.
By bringing world-class product and technical thinking to a multi-billion industry that hasn’t seen a tech solution in well over two decades, Scratch enables people to experience the ability to understand their debt, whether it be a personal loan, school loan, or even a mortgage. Headquartered in San Francisco, Scratch is very well funded by some of the best VC’s in Valley: Index Ventures, Founders Fund, and Ribbit Capital.
Scratch does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records