San Francisco /
As our Financial Controller, you’ll have the opportunity to set the foundations for our accounting operations during this exciting hyper-growth stage for our company. You’ll be responsible for managing a broad range of accounting matters including billing, A/R, A/P, preparation of financial statements, financial audits, financial reporting and tax and other regulatory compliance matters. This is a highly visible role with the unique opportunity to work closely with our CEO and other senior business leaders across the company.
In this role, you will:
- Manage all accounting operations including billing, A/R, A/P, GL, cost accounting and revenue recognition for the Scratch group of companies
- Oversee and own the monthly, quarterly, and year-end close processes including detailed analysis and reconciliation of all general ledger accounts and preparation of financial statements in compliance with U.S. GAAP
- Set and manage the implementation of accounting policies and procedures to maintain and strengthen our internal controls
- Manage our annual financial audit, as required by our financial regulators
- Lead our company through our first SOC1 audit
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Manage the local, state and federal reporting requirements and tax filings for the Scratch group of companies and other financial compliance matters
- Prepare financial metrics and projections for regulators, customers and other external stakeholders conducting financial due diligence on Scratch
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Proven experience as a Senior Finance Manager or Finance Controller with experience at a tech start-up (Big 4 experience is a plus)
- BA/BS degree in finance, accounting or related field (MBA from a premier school is a plus)
- CPA or CMA preferred
- 7+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and procedures and GAAP
- Excellent communication, organization and project management skills, and the ability to independently prioritize multiple simultaneous projects with different deadlines
- A results-driven attitude and excitement about being part of a mission-driven organization in a fast-moving and highly collaborative work environment within a complex industry
- A track record for being highly accountable and driven, and relish the idea of having the opportunity to set the foundations for and directly impact the direction of a hyper-growth company
We want you!
If you made it this far, chances are you’re as excited about working to change how people experience debt as we are—and we love that. Please apply even if you’re unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. Scratch is looking for smart, intellectually curious people who are invested in our mission, not just those who can “check all the boxes”.
Scratch's mission is to build a repayment platform to change the way consumers experience debt. Most of us take on debt to help us get ahead, or in many cases, to not fall behind. But for most of us—despite its necessity—once we have debt, it doesn't play a healthy role in our lives. It can be hard to understand, difficult to manage, and unaccommodating to changes in our lives.
This is why we started Scratch. We wanted to reinvent the loan servicing industry, well—from scratch. We wanted to create a world where debt plays a healthier and less taxing role in more people's lives. By bringing world-class product and technical thinking to a multi-trillion industry that hasn't seen innovation in well over two decades, Scratch's platform empowers borrowers to have greater control, visibility and flexibility over their financial health, removing the traditional loan servicer from the equation altogether and bringing borrowers closer to their lenders.
Our team is rapidly growing and comes from diverse backgrounds including Dropbox, Pinterest, Prosper, Bloomberg and Ripple. Our office is based in San Francisco.
With a rapidly growing community of lenders and borrowers, we think it's time the world knows there's a better way to pay back their loans. We'd love for you to join in our mission and help play a role in changing the way we experience debt for the better!
Benefits we Provide:
Health insurance: We cover 99% of your healthcare premiums and 70% of your dependent’s premiums and offer competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans.
Learning and development stipend: We offer a $1,500 per year stipend for your personal career development!
Wellness benefit: We’re proud to provide employees a $100/month pre-tax credit towards any gym or fitness program.
Catered lunches and snacks: We have high-quality catered lunches every day and well-stocked kitchens.
Generous PTO (including your birthday!), sick leave, and parental leave
401k program: We offer a 401k program!
Additional benefits: We offer each employee the opportunity to enroll in pre-tax benefits, such as commuter benefits and an FSA account.