Product Operations Specialist
San Francisco /
Product Operations /
About the Team
Scratch is a new kind of loan servicer and we’re changing the way borrowers experience debt. We’ve brought world-class product and technical thinking to a multi-billion dollar industry that hasn't seen an attempt at a tech solution in well over two decades. We're looking for smart, intellectually curious people to be a part of our Scratch journey.
Product Operations ensures we are meeting our customers’ and borrowers’ needs and works with internal teams to improve operational efficiency. Furthermore, Operations works cross-functionally to build new features and tools in order to improve the experiences of our teams, borrowers, and customers. The team is focused on creating optimizations in our product and in processes to ensure internal efficiency and a positive borrower and customer experience.
About the Role
We’re looking for someone to join our team and master important product operations, while using that knowledge to help shape future engineering projects. With our growing array of loan products, you’ll learn new product nuances and help build out new processes while working with our engineering team to develop tools to automate and optimize. You’ll work closely with our other operations teams to identify process improvements and help fill gaps with your know-how and expertise.
You’ll love this job if:
- You’re detail-oriented, organized, positive, and love supporting others
- You’re able to juggle many tasks at once and are motivated by completing those tasks each day
- You’re diligent and triple check your work
- You enjoy digging deep into the details of complex problems
- You’re able to communicate with people of varying backgrounds and are able to support our borrowers and team members through complicated processes
- You’re passionate about small businesses and feel strongly about their value in the economy
- You’re also passionate about learning new aspects of the financial servicing industry and growing your knowledge base
In this role, you will:
- Become an expert in our various loan products in order to inspire engineering projects to automate processes
- Confidently support our borrower operations team in handling detailed loan-level research items
- Handle not-yet-automated daily operational tasks with an eye on future engineering opportunities
- Develop feedback loops with our operations and engineering teams to improve internal processes and tooling
- Document, maintain, and update processes as they improve over time
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have 1-5 years of operations experience
- You have experience working in fast-paced environments driven by KPIs
- You love of learning and ability to pick up new skills quickly (we are patient teachers!)
- You have working knowledge of Excel and Google Sheets
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You take a curious approach to problem solving and a desire to grow and learn
- You have lending and/or loan servicing experience, though this isn’t required
- You have knowledge of Zendesk a plus, though this isn’t required
- You have knowledge of JIRA a plus, though this isn’t required
Scratch's mission is to build a repayment platform to change the way consumers experience their debt. We believe that debt is one of those inevitable things that everyone has to deal with, yet few people are actually able to fully understand and wrangle with it in an effective manner.
By bringing world-class product and technical thinking to a multi-billion dollar industry that hasn’t seen innovation in well over two decades, Scratch enables people to understand their debt, whether it be a personal loan, school loan, or mortgage.
We have built a small, but really amazing team consisting of folks who have built some very well-known products at Google, Dropbox, Amazon, Pinterest, Facebook, Affirm, and more. Our office is based in San Francisco.
Benefits we Provide:
Health insurance: We cover 99% of your healthcare premiums and 70% of your dependent’s premiums and offer competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans.
Learning and development stipend: We offer a $1,500 per year stipend for your personal career development!
Wellness benefit: We’re proud to provide employees a $100/month pre-tax credit towards any gym or fitness program.
Catered lunches and snacks: We have high-quality catered lunches every day and well-stocked kitchens.
Cell phone reimbursement: We reimburse you $50 per month towards your cell phone bill.
Generous PTO (including your birthday!), sick leave, and parental leave
401k program: We offer a 401k program!
Additional benefits: We offer each employee the opportunity to enroll in pre-tax benefits, such as commuter benefits and an FSA account.