Internal Communications Manager
San Francisco /
Office of the CEO /
As our Internal Communications Manager, you’ll be responsible for defining and executing our internal communications strategy to ensure that our rapidly growing team is engaged, supported and inspired by their work at Scratch and our culture. Working alongside the Chief of Staff, you’ll act as a key conduit between leadership and the organization, keeping our team informed of leadership updates and priorities. You’ll also own and develop content for company-wide events such as our State of the Union addresses, Happy Hours and Q&A sessions. Your work will directly impact and define what it means for both our current and prospective employees to work at Scratch and will be pivotal in driving the continued growth and success of Scratch and our team.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and execute an internal communications strategy that connects every employee to Scratch’s mission, values, objectives and strategy and ensures employees feel engaged, supported and inspired by their work at Scratch and our culture
- Create and manage our internal communications processes and calendar to deliver important communications across the team, between teams and from leadership, and ensure our employees know where to go for the information they need
- Manage, develop content for and promote company-wide events (including State of the Union addresses, Happy Hours, Q&A sessions)
- Work with the Chief of Staff to connect the Scratch Leadership Team to the organization and keep our employees informed of leadership updates and priorities
- Build our internal and external brand and define what it means to work at Scratch for both our employees and prospective employees so that we can continue to recruit amazing talent
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of internal comms, general comms or employer brand experience (start-up experience and fin-tech experience is highly desirable)
- Exceptional verbal and written skills, with the ability to distil complex topics into content that is not only easily understood but also motivating and interesting for our employees and contains a “voice” that is consistent with our culture and values
- Ability to listen and collaborate effectively across teams
- Self-direction, take initiative and are proactive with excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills
- A curious and enthusiastic can-do attitude, with exceptional attention to detail
- Excitement about being part of a mission-driven organization in a fast-moving and highly collaborative work environment
Scratch's mission is to build a repayment platform to change the way consumers experience debt. Most of us take on debt to help us get ahead, or in many cases, to not fall behind. But for most of us—despite its necessity—once we have debt, it doesn't play a healthy role in our lives. It can be hard to understand, difficult to manage, and unaccommodating to changes in our lives.
This is why we started Scratch. We wanted to reinvent the loan servicing industry, well—from scratch. We wanted to create a world where debt plays a healthier and less taxing role in more people's lives. By bringing world-class product and technical thinking to a multi-trillion industry that hasn't seen innovation in well over two decades, Scratch's platform empowers borrowers to have greater control, visibility and flexibility over their financial health, removing the traditional loan servicer from the equation altogether and bringing borrowers closer to their lenders.
Our team is rapidly growing and comes from diverse backgrounds including Dropbox, Pinterest, Prosper, Bloomberg and Ripple. Our office is based in San Francisco.
With a rapidly growing community of lenders and borrowers, we think it's time the world knows there's a better way to pay back their loans. We'd love for you to join in our mission and help play a role in changing the way we experience debt for the better!
Benefits we Provide:
Health insurance: We cover 99% of your healthcare premiums and 70% of your dependent’s premiums and offer competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans.
Learning and development stipend: We offer a $1,500 per year stipend for your personal career development!
Wellness benefit: We’re proud to provide employees a $100/month pre-tax credit towards any gym or fitness program.
Catered lunches and snacks: We have high-quality catered lunches every day and well-stocked kitchens.
Cell phone reimbursement: We reimburse you $50 per month towards your cell phone bill.
Generous PTO (including your birthday!), sick leave, and parental leave
401k program: We offer a 401k program!
Additional benefits: We offer each employee the opportunity to enroll in pre-tax benefits, such as commuter benefits and an FSA account.