San Francisco /
About the role
As our first Content Strategist, you will help establish Scratch as a thought leader in the loan repayment space. Depending on your experience and interest areas, you may focus on product-focused content, content for our support team, or content for our marketing efforts to increase our reach to lenders. You’ll need to understand our product vision so that you can create content that will educate our users. This means that you will have many opportunities to interface with Product, Design, and go-to-market functions. As an early member of the content team, you will also have outsized ownership over content development at Scratch.
In this role, you will:
- Generate content that educates borrowers about the best practices in loan repayment, helps our support team create a consistent experience, or increases our reach to lenders through efforts
- Create content that establishes Scratch's loan repayment thought leadership amongst lenders
- Interface with Product and Design leadership to understand and evangelize our product vision
- Manage our company webpage, blog, and other digital content
- Ideate on new content topics and drive them to completion
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- At least 3 years of experience
- Have a 1+ yr of experience working in an industry relevant to Financial Services
- Passionate about your work, take ownership, and deliver results
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- You have 2+ years of experience in developing and improving company webpage, blogs, and other digital content
- Have experience with leading content strategy
- You are familiar with vendor management
- You operate as an owner & expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility and value personal responsibility in others.
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multitask and thrive in a timeline-driven environment
- Comfort working in high growth, constantly changing environment
We want you!
If you made it this far, chances are you’re as excited about working to change how people experience debt as we are—and we love that. Please apply even if you’re unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. Scratch is looking for smart, intellectually curious people who are invested in our mission, not just those who can “check all the boxes”.
Scratch's mission is to build a repayment platform to change the way consumers experience debt. Most of us take on debt to help us get ahead, or in many cases, to not fall behind. But for most of us—despite its necessity—once we have debt, it doesn't play a healthy role in our lives. It can be hard to understand, difficult to manage, and unaccommodating to changes in our lives.
This is why we started Scratch. We wanted to reinvent the loan servicing industry, well—from scratch. We wanted to create a world where debt plays a healthier and less taxing role in more people's lives. By bringing world-class product and technical thinking to a multi-trillion industry that hasn't seen innovation in well over two decades, Scratch's platform empowers borrowers to have greater control, visibility and flexibility over their financial health, removing the traditional loan servicer from the equation altogether and bringing borrowers closer to their lenders.
Our team is rapidly growing and comes from diverse backgrounds including Dropbox, Pinterest, Prosper, Bloomberg and Ripple. Our office is based in San Francisco.
With a rapidly growing community of lenders and borrowers, we think it's time the world knows there's a better way to pay back their loans. We'd love for you to join in our mission and help play a role in changing the way we experience debt for the better!
Benefits we Provide:
Health insurance: We cover 99% of your healthcare premiums and 70% of your dependent’s premiums and offer competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans.
Learning and development stipend: We offer a $1,500 per year stipend for your personal career development!
Wellness benefit: We’re proud to provide employees a $100/month pre-tax credit towards any gym or fitness program.
Catered lunches and snacks: We have high-quality catered lunches every day and well-stocked kitchens.
Generous PTO (including your birthday!), sick leave, and parental leave
401k program: We offer a 401k program!
Additional benefits: We offer each employee the opportunity to enroll in pre-tax benefits, such as commuter benefits and an FSA account.