Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
United States /
Technology – Technology /
Scratch Financial ("Scratchpay") is a financial technology startup based in Los Angeles, California. Our goal is to make difficult financial decisions simple and increase accessibility to fair, affordable, and transparent medical financing. Driven by our award-winning technology, Scratchpay has become the fastest growing financing provider in veterinary care, with our payment plans now offered in over 10,000 practices across the U.S. and Canada–ranging from dental offices to optometry clinics. We’re rapidly launching a new Point-of-Sale payment processing suite to help our providers create a better payments experience for their patients.
If putting compassion first, helping create groundbreaking products and continuously iterating & refining those products sound like you, then we encourage you to apply.
We’re looking for a QA Engineer to be responsible for testing activities of the testing environment(s) at Scratch. You will work closely with Product and Development team members to support continued innovation in our products and services while ensuring the quality of deliverables and enabling automation. A collaborative mindset, operational and business understanding, and commitment to delivering quality builds within the deadline are essential in this role. We expect Quality Assurance Engineers to be well-versed in current technological trends and familiar with relevant business concepts.
Traits that you can expect from us:
- At Scratch, the work you do will have a big impact on the business. We believe in systems and processes that let us scale our impact to be larger than ourselves.
- We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment, and we care most about getting it right rather than being right. Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if you meet the criteria above and below.
Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if you meet the criteria above and below.
Salary range: $58K - $80K depending on experience and location
What You'll Do
- Create quality measurements to track improvement in products.
- Plan, develop, execute, maintain and improve Automated Test Frameworks and Automated Test Scripts for WEB, API, and DB applications.
- Create test plans for new features and steer the team to ensure test coverage.
- Pair with development team members to understand and test features and releases.
- Accurately report and track testing related defects and issues by writing effective and thorough bug reports, and verifying bug fixes.
- Coordinate UAT and other testing-related tasks with business and developers.
- Identify process and application issues and provide suggestions to improve it.
- Identify and deploy automation solutions based on the project needs.
- Ensure the continued reliability of the staging and production environment.
- Relevant work experience in software development and/or test automation
- Experience with different types of testing (WEB, API, DB)
- Experience with Cypress is a plus
- Experience with CI/CD
- Strong attention to details
- Should be able to write and understand SQL Queries
- Experience with Postman or other similar HTTP request clients
Scratchpay is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Scratchpay considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.