Software Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer #LI-Remote
Pasadena, California /
Technology – Technology /
Scratch Financial ("Scratchpay") is a financial technology startup based in Los Angeles, California. Our goal is to make difficult financial decisions simple and increase accessibility to fair, affordable, and transparent medical financing. Driven by our award-winning technology, Scratchpay has become the fastest growing financing provider in veterinary care, with our payment plans now offered in over 10,000 practices across the U.S. and Canada–ranging from dental offices to optometry clinics. With long-established industry giants in our sights, we’re looking to shake up the patient payments space, and we’d love to have you come aboard for the ride!
If putting compassion first, helping create groundbreaking products and continuously iterating & refining those products sound like you, then we encourage you to apply.
Scratchpay is hiring a Software Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer to set up and lead Quality Assurance practices in Scratch’s IT Teams. Reporting to Scratchpay’s Director of Engineering, you will drive testing activities and be the owner for testing environment(s) at Scratch. You will work closely with Product and Development team members to support continued innovation in our products and services, while ensuring quality of deliverables and enabling automation of quality-assurance processes.
Collaborative mindset, operational and business understanding, and commitment to delivering quality builds within the deadline are essential in this role. We expect Quality Assurance Engineers to be well-versed in current technological trends and familiar with relevant business concepts.
- Extensive experience with automated and manual testing procedures.
- Extensive experience testing various Web Services and Web Applications.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Should be able to write and understand SQL Queries
- Experience with Postman or other similar HTTP request clients.
- Must be comfortable using NodeJS in writing automated tests.
- Experience with Cucumber is desirable.
Duties of the role
- Create quality measurements to track improvement in products.
- Plan, develop, execute, maintain and improve Automated Test Frameworks and Automated Test Scripts for Web and Database applications.
- Develop the quality system and identify areas for improvement.
- Understand business requirements and formulate test schedules and test plans.
- Pair with development team members to understand and test features and releases.
- Accurately report and track testing related defects and issues, by writing effective and thorough bug reports, and verify bug fixes.
- Coordinate UAT and other testing related tasks with Business and other IT departments.
- Identify process and application issues and provide suggestions to improve the system.
- Identify and deploy automation solutions based on changing project needs.
- Ensure the continued reliability of the production environment.
Scratchpay is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Scratchpay considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.