Lending Compliance Officer #LI-Remote
Legal and Compliance – Legal and Compliance /
Scratch Financial ("Scratchpay") is a financial technology startup based in Los Angeles, California. Our goal is to make difficult financial decisions simple and increase accessibility to fair, affordable, and transparent medical financing. Driven by our award-winning technology, Scratchpay has become the fastest growing financing provider in veterinary care, with our payment plans now offered in over 10,000 practices across the U.S. and Canada–ranging from dental offices to optometry clinics. With long-established industry giants in our sights, we’re looking to shake up the patient payments space, and we’d love to have you come aboard for the ride!
If putting compassion first, helping create groundbreaking products and continuously iterating & refining those products sound like you, then we encourage you to apply.
This position is open to remote candidates based in the US
Position Description and Responsibilities
Scratchpay is hiring its first Lending Compliance Officer to support our suite of innovative financial products. Reporting directly to Scratchpay’s Chief Administrative Officer and General Counsel, you will be responsible for implementing the company’s consumer lending compliance program.
You will be responsible for:
- Consumer lending related policies and procedures (including TILA, ECOA and FCRA)
- Risk assessments
- Testing and monitoring under compliance policies
- Support key regulatory relationships with any bank partner or state regulators
- Management and board reporting on compliance matters
To be successful, you must have significant expertise in federal consumer lending regulations. You will be an integral part of Scratchpay’s commitment to building caring, safe and sound financial products for pet owners and patients.
We expect that you will bring:
- Passion for compliance work and helping build things that will last
- At least 5 years of compliance experience on federal consumer lending and protection laws and related regulations, including under TILA, ECOA, FCRA, FDCPA, SCRA/MLA, UDAAP and TCPA
- Significant experience in risk assessment, testing and monitoring and vendor management
- Significant experience in compliance policy drafting and enforcement
- Experience working with Product, Marketing and Credit Risk on compliance matters
- Experience working with bank partners and bank oversight requirements
- Experience working with state regulators is a plus
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Process oriented, while being comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Unquestionable integrity and calm under pressure
While we think prior Fintech experience will help you with this role, what matters the most is your subject matter expertise and passion for the role. If you believe you have what it takes, please apply!
Scratchpay is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Scratchpay considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.