Pasadena, California /
Technology – Technology /
Scratch Financial ("Scratchpay") is a financial technology startup based in Los Angeles, California. Our goal is to make difficult financial decisions simple and increase accessibility to fair, affordable, and transparent medical financing. Driven by our award-winning technology, Scratchpay has become the fastest growing financing provider in veterinary care, with our payment plans now offered in over 10,000 practices across the U.S. and Canada–ranging from dental offices to optometry clinics. With long-established industry giants in our sights, we’re looking to shake up the patient payments space, and we’d love to have you come aboard for the ride!
If putting compassion first, helping create groundbreaking products and continuously iterating & refining those products sound like you, then we encourage you to apply.
- At least 2 years of experience in full-stack software development.
- Good experience with Node.js.
- Good understanding of OOP and development patterns.
- Good knowledge of database systems (such as MySQL or PostgreSQL).
- Experience with microservice based architecture.
- Good coding skills, and ability to use BDD and TDD where needed.
- Experience and confidence developing RESTful APIs.
- Ability to switch between languages and frameworks, not vendor-locked-in.
- Knowing what Agile and Scrum are.
- Fluent in English.
- Ability to design, write and test code, algorithms, whether in the front-end, back-end, you-name-it (Cloud Functions).
- Nice to have: knowledge of C#, Google Cloud, GitLab, CI/CD, Kubernetes, and Docker.
- Nice to have: Experience in building payment solutions.
- Nice to have: Experience in loans business.
Duties of the role
- Discuss, help design, implement systems within the Scratch ecosystem. From simple (but important) sign-up forms to complex back-offices to end-user facing forms to multi-service signal-based event integration. There is no limit to what the business needs, and there is no limit to how good our solutions can be.
- Help Scratch develop its test infrastructure and write tests to improve Scratch test coverage.
- Participate in all technical and product discussions together with the team.
- Work with 100% quality and business-sustainability in mind.
- Developing front end and back end website architecture.
- Ensuring cross-platform optimization for mobile phones.
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications.
- Working alongside graphic designers for web design features.
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
- Designing and developing RESTful APIs.
- Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
- Traits that we’re looking for in you:
- You have strong organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- You learn and course correct when you don’t get the results you want.
- You love doing things efficiently.
- Traits that you can expect from us:
- At Scratchpay, the work you do will have a disproportionate impact on the business. We believe in systems and processes that let us scale our impact to be larger than ourselves.
- We also believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
- We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment, and we care most about getting it right rather than being right.
- Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if you meet the criteria above and below.
Scratchpay is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Scratchpay considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.