Credit Risk Analyst
Pasadena, California /
Risk – Credit Risk /
Scratch Financial ("Scratchpay") is a financial technology startup based in Los Angeles, California. Our goal is to make difficult financial decisions simple and increase accessibility to fair, affordable, and transparent medical financing. Driven by our award-winning technology, Scratchpay has become the fastest growing financing provider in veterinary care, with our payment plans now offered in over 10,000 practices across the U.S. and Canada–ranging from dental offices to optometry clinics. We’re rapidly launching a new Point-of-Sale payment processing suite to help our providers create a better payments experience for their patients.
If putting compassion first, helping create groundbreaking products and continuously iterating & refining those products sound like you, then we encourage you to apply.
Scratch is hiring a Credit Risk Analyst to join our Credit Risk team to help revolutionize the way patients and pet owners pay for veterinary and medical care. In this role, you will address analytical problems that are critical to the company’s success; gather, clean, and structure data to solve the problem; perform and refine analyses; and communicate the results to stakeholders within the business and with key business partners. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional analytical and communications skills and a strong ability to collaborate with colleagues within the risk team and across the organization.
This position can either be in-person at our Los Angeles (Pasadena) office or remote
- Independently perform financial, risk, and business analysis in support of critical business and underwriting decisions related to Scratch’s lending and payment processing lines of business
- Aggregate data from multiple sources, clean data, and structure data
- Create reports, dashboards, and presentations to communicate results
- Collaborate with other team members to effectively analyze and present data
- Develop systems and processes for gathering and storing data for future analytic projects
- Identify trends in our credit portfolio; explore and identify root causes; recommend actions to improve portfolio performance
- Monitor internal and external data points that may impact business
Desired Skills and Experience (Qualifications)
- 1-4+ years of analytical experience within traditional or specialty/online consumer finance or related field
- Degree in a quantitative field e.g. engineering, math, statistics, natural sciences; graduate degree a plus
- Experience querying and analyzing data using SQL / Python / R
- Advanced skills in Excel / Google Sheets and leading analytical programs
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and meet daily deadlines for projects
- Ability to succinctly communicate key findings to senior management team
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and influence change to remove barriers that affect performance
- Ability to manage multiple projects and programs at the same time to complete work
- Critical thinking skills with the ability to independently solve problems with data
- Quantitative and analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to understand new analytical concepts
Scratchpay is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Scratchpay considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.