Accounts Payable Analyst (Hybrid)
Pasadena, California /
Accounting and Finance – Accounting and Finance /
Scratch Financial ("Scratchpay") is a financial technology startup based in Los Angeles, California. Our goal is to make difficult financial decisions simple and increase accessibility to fair, affordable, and transparent medical financing. Driven by our award-winning technology, Scratchpay has become the fastest growing financing provider in veterinary care, with our payment plans now offered in over 10,000 practices across the U.S. and Canada–ranging from dental offices to optometry clinics. We’re rapidly launching a new Point-of-Sale payment processing suite to help our providers create a better payments experience for their patients.
If putting compassion first, helping create groundbreaking products and continuously iterating & refining those products sound like you, then we encourage you to apply.
Scratch Financial Inc. is a patient financing solution provider located in Pasadena, CA. The Company is focused on transforming the way that people pay for medical and veterinary care by increasing access to financing and enabling simple digital payments. Our goal is to make difficult financial decisions simple and increase accessibility to fair, affordable, and transparent medical financing. Driven by our award-winning technology, the company has become the fastest growing financing provider in the veterinary and dental care markets, with our payment plans now offered in over 15,000 practices across the U.S. and Canada–ranging from dental offices to optometry clinics. We partner with both independent clinics and large enterprise providers to enable an exceptional payment and financing experience for patients and pet owners. We place the highest priority on providing our employees with the tools and environment they need to succeed, to include providing a superior benefits package that includes company paid medical and dental insurance, company paid holiday, vacation and sick leave, performance bonuses and a company funded 401k retirement plan. With long-established industry giants in our sights, we’re looking to shake up the patient payments space, and we’d love to have you come aboard for the ride!
The Accounts Payable Analyst is responsible for various aspects of the Accounts Payable cycle with our providers and vendors making sure that the payables process is run smoothly, analyzing and resolving discrepancies in billings and payments and recommending improvements to accounts payable policies and procedures. This position requires attention to detail, the ability to adapt to change, and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment. This role will report directly to Scratch’s Finance Director/Controller and can work on-site at our Los Angeles (Pasadena) office or be remote.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the full accounts payable cycle from receipt of invoices to payment; including coding invoices, obtaining approval, and entering the invoices in to the accounting system.
- Perform General Ledger account entries and reconciliations in support of month-end and year-end close reporting
- Prepares batch check runs, wire transfers, and ACH transactions
- Perform specific month end duties including credit card and bank account reconciliation
- Responsible for paying and keeping a record of all invoices
- Track all company credit card spending, and making payments on credit accounts
- Ensure all accounts payable policies and procedures are adhered to including travel and related expenses, vendor approval and invoice processing
- Prepare monthly and yearly accruals and adjustments for the accounting cycle
- Maintain Prepaid Expense items and prepare amortization schedules
- Monitor tax liabilities and ensure tax liabilities are paid on time
- Analyze all accounts on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis to ensure payment accuracy
- Manage 1099 processes for various entities and resolve any issues
- Research and approve new vendors and create new vendor accounts
- Work collaboratively with various departments to perform accounting audits
- Work on special projects for systems improvements and implementation
Desired Experience and Competencies:
- 1+ years of experience in Accounts Payable or similar role
- Knowledge of general accrual accounting procedures an understanding of relevant computer programs (Quickbooks Online)
- Working knowledge with Word, Microsoft Excel (using financial formulas and creating Google Spreadsheets) skills are required
- Basic knowledge of database tools, such as MySQL highly desired
- Detail oriented, skilled researcher, organized and deadline-driven
- Must be a self starter, highly motivated, and able to meet strict deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- Experience Requirements: 1+ years of experience in Accounts Payable or similar role depending on Education
Scratchpay is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Scratchpay considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.