Risk Operations Specialist #LI-Remote
Risk – Credit Risk /
Scratch Financial ("Scratchpay") is a financial technology startup based in Los Angeles, California. Our goal is to make difficult financial decisions simple and increase accessibility to fair, affordable, and transparent medical financing. Driven by our award-winning technology, Scratchpay has become the fastest growing financing provider in veterinary care, with our payment plans now offered in over 10,000 practices across the U.S. and Canada–ranging from dental offices to optometry clinics. With long-established industry giants in our sights, we’re looking to shake up the patient payments space, and we’d love to have you come aboard for the ride!
If putting compassion first, helping create groundbreaking products and continuously iterating & refining those products sound like you, then we encourage you to apply.
Scratchpay is hiring for the position of Risk Operations Specialist. You will help process daily risk-related matters tied to Scratchpay’s consumer lending payment products and services.
This position is open to remote candidates based in the US
- Strong communication skills through text and speech
- Experience with spreadsheets
- Willingness to learn new things, both through technology and other people's views
- A can-do attitude and the ability to feel motivated by difficult situations
- Credit or call center operations experience, internships or similar experiences is a positive, but not required
Duties of the role
- Reporting to the Lead Credit Risk Analyst
- Conduct investigations and follow predetermined protocols in making the decision to underwrite new merchants.
- Work cross-functionally with Customer Support, Sales, and other key departments to improve the accuracy of the merchant underwriting process
- Respond to credit bureau inquiries in e-OSCAR system using current payment data
- Respond to risk-related questions submitted by the Customer Support team
- Solve day-to-day operational problems and implement processes that address reoccurring issues
- Work to mitigate and respond to reported fraud and identity theft red flags
- Report progress updates at team-wide meetings
Scratchpay is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Scratchpay considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.