Technical Support Specialist
Pasadena, California /
Business Operations – Business Operations /
Scratch Financial ("Scratchpay") is a financial technology startup based in Los Angeles, California. Our goal is to make difficult financial decisions simple and increase accessibility to fair, affordable, and transparent medical financing. Driven by our award-winning technology, Scratchpay has become the fastest growing financing provider in veterinary care, with our payment plans now offered in over 10,000 practices across the U.S. and Canada–ranging from dental offices to optometry clinics. We’re rapidly launching a new Point-of-Sale payment processing suite to help our providers create a better payments experience for their patients.
If putting compassion first, helping create groundbreaking products and continuously iterating & refining those products sound like you, then we encourage you to apply.
To help us continue our payment processing growth, your main goal will be reducing the customer’s time from sign-up to actively using Scratch Pay payment processing (in other words: how quickly can you help customers get from sign-up to producing payments volumes through the Scratch Pay platform?). We’re looking to shake up the patient payments space, and we’d love to have you come aboard for the ride!
Onboarding is vital to our long-term profitability. We will not be successful unless our providers are receiving massive value from our service. We’re building out a team of support specialists to manage the handoff from Sales to active usage, ensuring a smooth implementation of our product. This role reports to the VP, Business Operations.
- Manage the support for all Scratch Pay payment processing customers to ensure customers launch smoothly by hosting follow-up training sessions, creating SOPs / FAQs as they arise, and ordering correct hardware.
- Occasionally serve as the first point of contact for providers during the onboarding and implementation phase of the customer lifecycle.
- Provide feedback to the Sales, Biz Ops team, Product team, and Servicing teams to help create a streamlined and cohesive approach that allows customers to get successfully implemented and trained.
- Provide best practices and mentorship to providers on how best to implement our suite of products and solutions.
- Provide thought leadership with regards to overcoming challenges the provider is facing.
- Record relevant notes about conversations with providers in HubSpot
- Perform a wide variety of professional tasks, which demand a high level of creativity and imagination, as well as a thorough knowledge of the applicable needs and expectations of employees/customers.
Required Experience/ Skills
- Act like an extreme owner of our client relationships: one of the number one indicators of your success at Scratch is your ability to think and operate like an owner. See a process that could be improved? A good Scratchpayer takes it upon themselves to fix it. Notice a partner feels hesitant at the end of a support ticket interaction? A good Scratchpayer reaches out 1 more to see what we could be doing better or answering clearer.
- Team player attitude: we win and lose as a team, and Scratch is looking for people who want to join a high performing team and support each other as such
- Ability to answer phone, email, and webinar customer inquiries from 10am - 6pm ET / 7am - 3pm PT, Mondays - Fridays
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities, rapidly adapt and respond to customer requests and timeline changes.
- Highly collaborative, organized, and execution-oriented with strong presentation skills
- Able to be successful in a fast-paced environment that rewards team work, hard work and self motivation.
- Superior relationship and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- We encourage you to apply even if you don’t feel that you match all of the preferred elements!
- Excellent problem-solving skills, especially around hardware and software troubleshooting. Are you the person that family members come to when they can’t figure out an electronic device? Are you somebody who your friends consider as the “go to” if their software is broken? Wonderful.
- 1+ years (or 1-2 internships/roles, if new college graduate) of sales, customer success and/or technical ticket escalation, ideally in a SaaS environment.
- Experience developing, installing, training, and/or supporting B2B solutions is a plus but not required
- Familiarity with Hubspot CRM is a plus but not required.
- If putting compassion first, helping create groundbreaking products, and continuously iterating & refining those products sound like you, then we encourage you to apply.
Scratchpay is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Scratchpay considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.