People Director (Hybrid)
Pasadena, California /
Human Resources – Human Resources /
Scratch Financial ("Scratchpay") is a financial technology startup based in Los Angeles, California. Our goal is to make difficult financial decisions simple and increase accessibility to fair, affordable, and transparent medical financing. Driven by our award-winning technology, Scratchpay has become the fastest growing financing provider in veterinary care, with our payment plans now offered in over 10,000 practices across the U.S. and Canada–ranging from dental offices to optometry clinics. We’re rapidly launching a new Point-of-Sale payment processing suite to help our providers create a better payments experience for their patients.
If putting compassion first, helping create groundbreaking products and continuously iterating & refining those products sound like you, then we encourage you to apply.
Scratch is changing the way people pay for medical care with simple, transparent, and frictionless tools for payments, financing, and more.
As Scratch’s People Director, you’ll architect and build the systems that will keep us agile and collaborative as we scale. You'll implement best practices in human resources policies and procedures in line with the Company’s values and objectives. You will help ensure that we live our values on a daily basis in every department and at every level of the Company.
You will be a partner to Scratch’s senior management team, helping them operationalize the Company’s business plan and achieve its quarterly and annual strategic and financial objectives.
- Create an incredible employee experience from onboarding to ongoing development to alumni engagement
- Build and drive scalable solutions around making our leaders better managers, growing our team’s capabilities, and driving employee retention
- Use people-related data to drive better decision making and develop key metrics to measure employee happiness, performance, engagement, and retention
- Develop and implement company-wide performance management programs that reward excellence and drive continuous, transparent feedback
- Champion Scratch’s values by building them into structured programs and exemplifying them day-to-day
- Own and optimize key metrics including time-to-hire, employee satisfaction, and regrettable churn
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, business, psychology, or another related field.
- 4+ years of experience in HR management
- Familiarity with regulation and compliance issues related to HR in the U.S. and internationally
- Very strong written and spoken communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of hiring strategies, US labor laws, and employment equity.
- Preferable: experience within the technology / fintech industries
Other Desired Qualities
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
Scratchpay is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Scratchpay considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.