Risk Operations Analyst
Risk – Credit Risk /
Scratch Financial ("Scratchpay") is a financial technology startup based in Los Angeles, California. Our goal is to make difficult financial decisions simple and increase accessibility to fair, affordable, and transparent medical financing. Driven by our award-winning technology, Scratchpay has become the fastest growing financing provider in veterinary care, with our payment plans now offered in over 10,000 practices across the U.S. and Canada–ranging from dental offices to optometry clinics. With long-established industry giants in our sights, we’re looking to shake up the patient payments space, and we’d love to have you come aboard for the ride!
If putting compassion first, helping create groundbreaking products and continuously iterating & refining those products sound like you, then we encourage you to apply.
What will you do
This risk and operations team is responsible for managing operational processes, analytics, and credit and fraud risks across all products and through the life cycle of both the pet parent and veterinarian. Team members are often considered jack of all trades, have substantial autonomy and make a dramatic impact on growth and profitability. Additionally, the team has a central role in the organization and regularly communicates with investors and other important stakeholders.
We need innovative analysts that aren’t afraid to roll up their sleeves, make bold data driven decisions, manage operational projects, and strive to propel us forward. Scratchpay is a collaborative environment with analysts, engineers, and data scientists with a customer-focused approach that values continuous iteration.
- Solve day-to-day operational problems and implement processes that systematically address
- Review merchants and underwrite them based on incoming risk
- Review applications and determine the risk of fraud
- Analyze credit and fraud performance data and implement new decision logic
- Work with the business development team and analytically support the company’s sales strategy
- Implement collection strategies that maximize recovery rates on delinquent loans
Who you are
If you enjoy solving problems with data and technology and want to work in an environment where analytics, product, finance, and operations blend together this is a fantastic opportunity. Scratchpay is a well-funded and fast growing startup with a mission to save more pets by making difficult financial decisions simple. You will bring benefit to millions of Americans and pets through innovative technology.
The ideal candidate has:
- Strong communication skills through text and speech
- Willingness to learn new things, both through technology and other people's views
- A can-do attitude and feel motivated by difficult situations
- Strong academics and a bachelor's degree
- Operational experience is a great nice to have
- Some credit or fraud risk experience through internships or similar experiences is a plus
If you have any questions about the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Scratchpay is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Scratchpay considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.