Mid-Level Full Stack Node.js Developer
United States /
Technology – Technology /
Scratch Financial ("Scratchpay") is a financial technology startup based in Los Angeles, California. Our goal is to make difficult financial decisions simple and increase accessibility to fair, affordable, and transparent medical financing. Driven by our award-winning technology, Scratchpay has become the fastest growing financing provider in veterinary care, with our payment plans now offered in over 10,000 practices across the U.S. and Canada–ranging from dental offices to optometry clinics. We’re rapidly launching a new Point-of-Sale payment processing suite to help our providers create a better payments experience for their patients.
If putting compassion first, helping create groundbreaking products and continuously iterating & refining those products sound like you, then we encourage you to apply.
We’re looking for a Node.js Developer to join the engineering team at Scratchpay. The ideal candidate will be well experienced in developing applications using Node.js and passionate for creating new and innovative products and solutions that meet the client’s needs. The ideal candidate will be someone that is innovative, adaptable to changing priorities, a system thinker, and able to learn new things while striving to deliver high quality code in collaboration with their team.
You will be responsible for designing and developing front end and back end web applications, testing your solutions, and ensuring their ongoing responsiveness.
Salary range: $62K to 95K /year
Minimum requirements of the role
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Test Driven Development, and other development patterns.
- Strong knowledge of relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Experience with microservice based architectures.
- Experience and confidence developing high performance RESTful APIs and applications.
- Ability to switch between languages and frameworks as needed.
- Knowing what Agile and Scrum are.
- Nice to have: knowledge of TypeScript, C#, Python, Go, Google Cloud, CI/CD, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Nice to have: Experience in building payment solutions.
- Nice to have: Experience in the financial industry.
Duties of the role
- Architect, discuss, design, implement systems within the Scratch ecosystem. From simple sign-up forms to complex back-office systems.
- Help Scratch develop its test infrastructure and write tests to improve Scratch’s test coverage.
- Participate in all technical and product discussions together with the team.
- Designing user interactions on web pages.
- Creating servers and databases for functionality.
- Designing and developing RESTful APIs.
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications.
- Working alongside graphic designers for web design features.
- Following a project from conception to finished product.
- Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
- Staying current on developments in web applications and programming languages, and helping Scratch adapt to any industry changes.
What we are looking for in the right candidate
- You have strong organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- You learn and course correct when you don’t get the results you want.
- You love doing things efficiently.
Scratchpay is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Scratchpay considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.