UI/UX Developer #LI- Remote
Pasadena, California /
Technology – Technology /
Scratch Financial ("Scratchpay") is a financial technology startup based in Los Angeles, California. Our goal is to make difficult financial decisions simple and increase accessibility to fair, affordable, and transparent medical financing. Driven by our award-winning technology, Scratchpay has become the fastest growing financing provider in veterinary care, with our payment plans now offered in over 10,000 practices across the U.S. and Canada–ranging from dental offices to optometry clinics. We’re rapidly launching a new Point-of-Sale payment processing suite to help our providers create a better payments experience for their patients.
If putting compassion first, helping create groundbreaking products and continuously iterating & refining those products sound like you, then we encourage you to apply.
We’re looking for a UI/UX Developer to join the engineering team at Scratch Financial, Inc. Scratch Financial is on a mission to help people and their loved ones live happier lives by making access to healthcare simple. Over 1 million people have already turned to Scratch Financial products to help them get the care they need today, and pay for medical treatment over time. Interested in helping visualize and build digital experiences that help simplify patient financing and help people live happier and healthier lives? Then read on…
The ideal candidate will have experience in User Interface Development and have a passion for creating User Interfaces for financial technology brands and services. The ideal candidate will be someone that is innovative, adaptable to changing priorities, a system thinker, and able to learn new things while striving to deliver high quality code.
We encourage you to apply even if you feel you do not perfectly fit our job description, we’re always looking for talent, and there may be other positions at Scratch Financial you’re a match for.
Salary range: $55K - $90K
Strengths we’re looking for in you:
- You have strong organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- You learn and course correct when you don’t get the results you want.
- You are obsessed with eliminating friction within our digital experiences.
- You love doing things efficiently.
Values you can expect from us:
- We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
- We hold true to our Scratch Values that enable a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment.
- We care most about getting it right rather than being right.
- You will be responsible for designing and developing front end web architecture, testing your solutions, collaborating with Design & Brand, Product, Sales & Marketing, and Business Operation teams to build customer experience, and ensure your work’s ongoing responsiveness. Knowledge of financial apps is a bonus.
- Discuss, create, and implement User Interfaces within the Scratch Financial ecosystem. From simple sign-up forms to complex client management systems. There is no limit to what the business needs, and there is no limit to how good our solutions can be.
- Help Scratch develop its test infrastructure and write tests to improve Scratch’s test coverage.
- Participate in all technical and product discussions together with the team.
- Work with 100% quality and business-sustainability in mind.
- Developing front end website architecture.
- Ensuring cross-platform optimization for mobile phones.
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications.
- Working alongside our Design & Brand, Product, Sales & Marketing, and Business Operation teams for building out customer experience and product development.
- Following a project from conception to finished product.
- Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
- Staying current on developments in web applications and programming languages, and helping Scratch adapt to any industry changes.
- At least 3 years of full-time experience with software development.
- Some experience with Node.js.
- Good understanding of Object-Oriented Programming and development patterns.
- Some experience with microservice based architecture.
- Good coding skills, and ability to use BDD and TDD.
- Experience and understanding of RESTful APIs.
- Ability to switch between languages and frameworks, not vendor-locked-in.
- Knowing what Agile and Scrum are.
- Fluent in English.
- Nice to have: design or arts education.
- Nice to have: experience developing mobile apps.
- Nice to have: knowledge of Google Cloud, GitLab, CI/CD, Kubernetes, and Docker.
- Nice to have: Experience in building payment processing solutions.
- Nice to have: Experience in loans business.
Other Desired Qualities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Obsessed at delivering high quality work.
- Great problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Forward-thinking and innovative.
- Have empathy.
- Know your stuff and know what you don't know.
- Take constructive criticism.
- Collaborative Team Player.
- Open to change.
Scratchpay is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Scratchpay considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.