Data Analyst - Reporting and Analytics (Remote)
Pasadena, California /
Risk – Credit Risk /
Scratch Financial ("Scratchpay") is a financial technology startup based in Los Angeles, California. Our goal is to make difficult financial decisions simple and increase accessibility to fair, affordable, and transparent medical financing. Driven by our award-winning technology, Scratchpay has become the fastest growing financing provider in veterinary care, with our payment plans now offered in over 10,000 practices across the U.S. and Canada–ranging from dental offices to optometry clinics. We’re rapidly launching a new Point-of-Sale payment processing suite to help our providers create a better payments experience for their patients.
If putting compassion first, helping create groundbreaking products and continuously iterating & refining those products sound like you, then we encourage you to apply.
The successful candidate for this role will work with teams across the company to monitor performance of products and initiatives, make intelligent data-driven decisions, and leverage advanced analytics to design data-driven solutions. We are rapidly pursuing new data sources, increasing our understanding of our customers, building new predictive models, and implementing analytical insights live - all to help the business grow and help more pet families.
As an integral part of the team you will be identifying key issues that drive performance, build and own periodic reporting, produce relevant analyses, and drive projects to conclusion. If you enjoy solving problems with data and technology and want to work in an environment where analytics, product, finance, and operations blend together this is a fantastic opportunity.
In this role, you will:
- Work with cross functional teams (Product, Finance, Compliance, Business Operations) to monitor key performance indicators and measure performance of products and initiatives
- Create and maintain accurate periodic reporting of programs, products, customers, clinic partners, and financial performance
- Independently tackle ad hoc analytical projects, derive insights, make data driven recommendations
- Solve day-to-day operational problems and implement processes that systematically address recurring issues
- Investigate new data sources that improve the acquisition strategy and servicing experience
- Respond to ad-hoc issues across all levels of organization
We place a high degree of importance on team dynamics and have a transparent and open organization. We are a team of ambitious people who are passionate about our common goal and our respective areas of responsibility. We deliver fast, continuously iterate, and encourage rapid response to change.
The ideal candidate has:
- Strong academics and bachelor's degree, preferably in a quantitative field
- Programming and data extraction skills (we work with SQL, Python, and R)
- Experience building decision strategies or predictive models in school projects or previous work (we’d love to hear about them!)
- Strong communication skills through text and speech
- Strong willingness to learn new things, both through technology and other people's views
- A can-do attitude and feel motivated by difficult situations
Scratchpay is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Scratchpay considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.