Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
Pasadena, California /
Accounting and Finance – Accounting and Finance /
Scratch Financial ("Scratch") is a financial technology startup based in Los Angeles, California that is transforming the way that people pay for medical and veterinary care by increasing access to financing and enabling simple digital payments. Our goal is to make difficult financial decisions simple and increase accessibility to fair, affordable, and transparent medical financing. Driven by our award-winning technology, Scratch has become the fastest growing financing provider in the veterinary and dental care markets, with our payment plans now offered in over 10,000 practices across the U.S. and Canada–ranging from dental offices to optometry clinics. We partner with both independent clinics and large enterprise providers to enable an exceptional payment and financing experience for patients and pet owners. With long-established industry giants in our sights, we’re looking to shake up the patient payments space, and we’d love to have you come aboard for the ride!
If putting compassion first, helping create groundbreaking products and continuously iterating & refining those products sound like you, then we encourage you to apply.
Scratch’s Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team manages the company’s financial model and the forecasting process. It provides timely information and analysis to support senior management in evaluating new partnerships and products, and in identifying opportunities to increase company profitability. Reporting directly to the SVP of Finance, the FP&A manager will provide critical analytical support to the senior management team and will interact with all areas of the company, including Credit Risk, Business Operations, Sales, Product and Accounting.
Minimum Requirements of the Role
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in finance, economics, accounting, or mathematics or other relevant quantitative field, or similar level of knowledge acquired through on-the-job experience
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Solid understanding of financial modeling
- Ability to work with large data sets and develop summarized findings
- Strong communication skills – ability to clearly and succinctly communicate technical subject matter to other team members and Senior Management team
- Strong interpersonal skills – collaborate with people across functions and develop strong relationship
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality
- Experience using SQL is a plus
Duties of the Role
- Developing financial models to evaluate new and existing partnerships
- Providing economic analyses to help evaluate new products, channels and business lines and other strategic initiatives
- Maintaining the company's financial model and driving the forecasting process
- Developing and updating product level unit economic models
- Assisting with regular and ad hoc reporting for debt and equity partners
- Conducting analysis related to loan performance and delinquencies, profitability by customer type, etc.
- Monitoring company results and identifying trends in Scratch's current market
Scratchpay is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Scratchpay considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.