Cloud Operations Engineer
United States /
Technology – Technology /
Scratch Financial ("Scratchpay") is a financial technology startup based in Los Angeles, California. Our goal is to make difficult financial decisions simple and increase accessibility to fair, affordable, and transparent medical financing. Driven by our award-winning technology, Scratchpay has become the fastest growing financing provider in veterinary care, with our payment plans now offered in over 10,000 practices across the U.S. and Canada–ranging from dental offices to optometry clinics. We’re rapidly launching a new Point-of-Sale payment processing suite to help our providers create a better payments experience for their patients.
If putting compassion first, helping create groundbreaking products and continuously iterating & refining those products sound like you, then we encourage you to apply.
Scratchpay is hiring a Cloud Operations Engineer to maintain and expand the Google Cloud infrastructure and improve the DevOps practices in Scratch’s engineering teams.
Minimum requirements of the role
- 2+ years experience in Cloud architecture and Cloud design across at least one major cloud platform, preferably Google Cloud.
- Cloud and automation engineering experience in a production environment.
- Ability to design, implement and document architectures and solutions using the Infrastructure as Code paradigm with a strong focus on automation, internal compliance, monitoring, documentation and security.
- Proficiency in the more common infrastructure automation tools, namely Terraform and Helm.
- Strong skills and experience with CI/CD stacks that deploy infrastructure resources, preferably using GitLab.
- Some experience with server side languages such as Node.js, Golang, Python or PHP would be advantageous.
- Experience with NoSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL or Graph DB.
- Self-sufficiency and ability to plan and execute on those plans are required.
- Cyber Security knowledge.
Duties of the role
- Reporting to Scratchpay’s Director of Engineering, you will drive cloud infrastructure management activities and be part of the CloudOps team at Scratch.
- You will work closely with development team members to support the continued growth and innovation in our products and services, while enabling automation of continuous integration and continuous delivery processes.
What we are looking for in the right candidate
- If you have a collaborative mindset, as well as a solid background in software engineering and have a good experience level managing container orchestration with Terraform, Helm, Kubernetes, networking and Google Cloud, you’re a good fit for this role.
$80,000 - $120,000 a year
Scratchpay is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Scratchpay considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.