Technical Lead Manager – SlideShare
San Francisco OR Remote US/Canada /
Engineering – SlideShare /
At Scribd (pronounced “scribbed”), we believe reading is more important than ever. Join our cast of characters as we build the world’s largest and most fascinating digital library: giving subscribers access to a growing collection of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, documents, Scribd Originals and more. In addition to works from major publishers and top authors. Our community includes over 1.4M subscribers in nearly every country worldwide.
SlideShare, a Scribd company, helps professionals:
• Learn faster and smarter on the topics they care most about by connecting them to bite-sized insights and knowledge from top experts.
• Share their insights and knowledge to become thought leaders by giving them a platform of 80M+ professionals.
About the team:
Scribd is in search of a Technical Lead Manager for the SlideShare engineering team to work on the ground floor of revitalizing SlideShare and to find ways of bringing the value of Scribd to SlideShare users.
We continually strive for inclusivity and strongly value diversity. We recognize that everyone has a unique set of work and life experiences, and believe that a broader set of perspectives will produce better results for all. Each day provides both opportunities to perform and opportunities to learn. We support others' growth and celebrate our collective achievements.
Build and lead a strong, nimble engineering team that is responsible to develop and operate SlideShare. Provide hands-on technical leadership across all of the team's work as well as the team's technical roadmap.
The responsibilities include:
• Managing and recruiting a small team of software engineers and site reliability engineers.
• Leading all aspects of technical project delivery, including system and architectural design, project planning, implementation, deployment, and operations.
• Developing a roadmap for evolving systems to support orders of magnitude growth of SlideShare.
• Owning how the team delivers code and reliably operate SlideShare (+100M monthly visits!).
• Motivating and instilling a strong sense of ownership and pride in your team. Being a presence that makes every engineer on the team better.
• Demonstrated progression in technical capability throughout your career and have been in a technical leadership position. You either have experience managing engineers or want to get into management.
• A strong problem-solving mindset that allows you to collaboratively work with product managers, designers, and engineers to efficiently turn ideas into working code that move business metrics.
• You are comfortable working across the entire stack (frontend, backend, infrastructure) and have developed and operated large-scale systems in a cloud-native environment.
• You have deep knowledge developing web applications, ideally in Ruby/Rails.
Benefits, Perks and Wellbeing at Scribd
• Health & Welfare Benefits: Scribd pays 100% of employee’s Medical, Vision, and Dental premiums and 70% of dependents
• Leaves: Paid parental leave, 100% company paid short-term/long-term disability plans, and milestone Sabbaticals
• 401k plan through Fidelity, plus company matching with no vesting period
• Stock Options - every employee is an owner in Scribd!
• Generous Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Volunteer Day + office closure between Christmas Eve and New Years Day
• Referral bonuses
• Tuition reimbursement
• Diversity, Equity & Inclusion programs
• Learning & Development and Coaching programs
• Monthly Wellness, Connectivity & Comfort Benefit
• Concern mental health digital platform
• Work-life balance flexibility
• Company events + Scribdchats
• Free subscription to Scribd + gift memberships for friends & family
Want to learn more? Check out our office and meet some of the team at www.linkedin.com/company/scribd/life
Scribd is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.