Product Lead - SEO
San Francisco, CA
Product – Product Management
1. a tech company changing the way the world reads
2. a membership that gives users access to the world’s largest online library of books, audiobooks, sheet music, news, and magazines
We value trying new things, craftsmanship, being an open book, and the people that make our team great.
Join us and build something meaningful.
About SEO at Scribd
SEO plays a critical role at Scribd. Every month 100M+ visitors come to Scribd from Organic Search to consume tens of millions of documents, books, audiobooks, sheet music.
We believe that successful SEO is user centric, highly technical, and creative. Specifically we strive to: 1) Increase the volume and quality of content on Scribd 2) Create superior landing experiences that help users find answers faster 3) Optimize the discovery and ranking of content by search engines 4) Develop proprietary insights into the levers of SEO through scientific experimentation.
The sheer mass of written content on Scribd allows us to try unique techniques, such as applying Natural Language Processing to extract topics and generate millions of new landing pages to better address search users’ questions. We run massive url split tests that reach significance quickly and help us make SEO product decisions with confidence. Scribd’s audience is also clearly global and we invest heavily in international SEO. Ultimately we aim to build relevant and engaging experiences for search visitors, right from the start on Google’s search result page, creating flywheels along the way to generate more content and meta-data at every visit.
About the Role
Driving SEO for the world’s largest digital library is a fascinating opportunity. You’ll be in a unique position to create massive growth, while developing privileged insights into SEO at a leading UGC site.
You’ll lead a dedicated team of engineers, designers, data scientists to implement the SEO roadmap you developed. You’ll also work in tight collaboration with other teams impacting SEO: content science, search and recommendations, premium content acquisition, marketing.
One day, you’ll launch a new Optical Character Recognition algorithm to get images in documents/books indexed. Another day, you’ll uncover that http pipelining is causing crippling crawl anomalies. Another day, you’ll launch engagement boosting features that reduce bounce rate. Soon enough, you’ll be driving tens of millions of new monthly visitors!
- Increase the volume and quality of organic search traffic to Scribd.
- Manage the SEO roadmap to improve Technical SEO, UGC Growth, and the Search Landing Experience.
- Lead a dedicated team of engineers, data scientists, designers to ship SEO projects.
- Coach, guide and influence other teams impacting SEO: other feature teams, content engineering, search and recommendations, marketing, content acquisition.
- Manage the execution of SEO split tests to inform the roll-out of new SEO initiatives.
- Report on Organic Search Traffic performance and SEO project status.
- Further our understanding of SEO levers in collaboration with the data team.
- 3-5+ years Product Management experience: defining product strategies, prioritizing roadmaps, and executing projects, ideally for large-scale content-based products.
- 2+ years technical SEO experience: strong understanding of the levers of SEO (sitemaps, crawl budget, indexing, ranking factors, canonicalization, international SEO) and fluency with SEO tools like Google Search Console, Botify (or other crawl analysis tool), and <your favorite> keyword research tool.
- Growth experience: proven track record of achieving product-led growth.
- Data skills: experience mining large data sets, from crawl logs to product tables.
- Collaboration: proven track record of delivering results with cross-functional teams.
Why we work here
• We are located in downtown San Francisco, within walking distance of Caltrain and BART
• Health benefits: 100% employer covered Medical/Dental/Vision for regular, full-time employees
• Generous PTO policy plus we close for the last week in December
• 401k matching
• Paid Parental leave
• Monthly wellness budget and fully paid membership to our onsite fitness facility
• Professional development: generous annual budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
• Three meals a day, catered from local restaurants
• Apple laptops and any equipment you want to customize your work station
• Free Scribd membership and a yearly reading stipend!
• Company events that include monthly happy hours and offsites (past events include Santa Cruz, bowling, arcades, geocaching, ropes courses, etc.)
In the meantime, check out our office and meet some of the team at https://www.scribd.com/about
Scribd values diversity, and we make all hiring and employment decisions based on merit, qualifications, competence, talent, and contribution, not who you are by choice or circumstance. We value the people who make Scribd a great place to work and strive to create an environment where your work is supported and personhood respected.