Product Analyst, Account
San Francisco OR Remote US/Canada /
Business Strategy & Analytics – Business Strategy & Analytics /
At Scribd (pronounced “scribbed”), we believe reading is more important than ever. Join our cast of characters as we work to change the way the world reads by building the world’s largest and most fascinating digital library: giving subscribers access to a growing collection of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, documents, Scribd Originals, and more. In addition to works from major publishers and top authors, our community includes over 1.5M subscribers in nearly every country worldwide.
About the Team
The mission of the business strategy & analytics team is to ensure the entire company comprehends business performance and trends and to empower all business teams to make good decisions with data. This is a new team that will bridge the gap between data science and business teams and plays a critical role in driving Scribd's next stage of growth through discovery analysis, A/B test design and interpretation, and dashboard creation.
About the Role
The analytics team is looking for a driven, innovative, and experienced Product Analyst to be an advocate for users in creating a high-quality account experience that improves the overall service. To succeed, our service must provide value to users whether they’re joining, rejoining, using, or canceling the service. We want Scribd to be highly personalized and relevant to our users, and above all, easy to use. It’s a big mission, and the role comes with incredible opportunities for impact. In this critical role, you will help define how we optimize for the account experience and help shape the next generation of the product. We are looking for an analyst who is comfortable using data to help develop priorities and assess results while also demonstrating a deep knowledge of customer needs and wants.
You are a business analytics trailblazer who is excited to be a founding member of this newly formed team. You are highly systematical, love solving ambiguous business problems through exploratory analysis. You have great business intuition that helps you create actionable insights from data, and you know how to distribute the data in a digestible, information-rich way.
- Work hands-on in the data, using SQL, Tableau, and other tools to extract, analyze, and visualize data.
- Keep the company up to date on overall business performance through dashboards and regular company updates.
- Partner closely with product and other business teams to arm them with the data and deep insights they need to make great decisions.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to establish the highest business priorities and opportunities by measuring expected reach and impact.
- Run the A/B testing design, strategy, and interpretation for your product manager
- Define and maintain common metric definitions across the business.
- 3+ years experience with quantitative data analysis.
- Strong SQL experience, familiarity with Excel and BI tools.
- Plus if you have experience with Looker.
- BA/BS degree in math, stats, CS, physics, or equivalent experience.
- Highly analytical mindset with demonstrated ability to work through complex, ambiguous problems using data.
Benefits, Perks, and Wellbeing at Scribd
• Healthcare Benefits: Scribd pays 100% of employee’s Medical, Vision, and Dental premiums and 70% of dependents
• Leaves: Paid parental leave, 100% company paid short-term/long-term disability plans and milestone Sabbaticals
• 401k plan through Fidelity, plus company matching with no vesting period
• Stock Options - every employee is an owner in Scribd!
• Generous Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Flexible Sick Time, Volunteer Day + office closure between Christmas Eve and New Years Day
• Referral bonuses
• Professional development: generous annual budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
• Company-wide Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion programs which include learning & development opportunities, employee resource groups, and hiring best practices.
• Learning & Development and Coaching programs
• Monthly Wellness, Connectivity & Comfort Benefit
• Concern mental health digital platform
• Work-life balance flexibility
• Company events + Scribdchats
• Free subscription to Scribd + gift memberships for friends & family
Want to learn more? Check out our office and meet some of the team at www.linkedin.com/company/scribd/life
Scribd is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.