Customer Service Representative II (Bilingual - Spanish)
Phoenix Office /
Customer Service – Customer Service /
At Scribd (pronounced “scribbed”), we believe reading is more important than ever. Join our cast of characters as we work to change the way the world reads by building the world’s largest and most fascinating digital library: giving subscribers access to a growing collection of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, documents, Scribd Originals, and more. In addition to works from major publishers and top authors, our community includes over 1.5M subscribers in nearly every country worldwide.
About the Job :
The Bilingual Customer Support Representative role is a full-time, non-exempt customer service role, located in our office in Phoenix, AZ. This role is accountable for assisting customers who write in via email and chat with refunds, cancelations, password resets, and other basic service issues. This employee reports to one of the Customer Service Asst. Managers.
- Answer customer requests related to refunds, cancelations, password resets, and subscribing, via email and chat
- Act as the 1st Escalation point for ModSquad
- Meet and maintain key metrics (CSAT, SLA, QA Score) based on team expectations
- Handle technical troubleshooting in Spanish
- contribute to documentation and team resources
- address higher-level billing issues, possibly fraud billing
- clarify complex publishing advice in Spanish
- QA test a new website functionality
- debug a customer’s problem
- You have working and professional Spanish writing abilities
- You live in the Phoenix area and can work in our office in midtown
- 2+ years experience in a customer service or support role
- Prior experience working in an online or technical customer support role (chat, email, etc)
- Excellent written communication skills, including instructional and persuasive writing
- Strong reading comprehension and appreciation for detail
- Experience with advanced computer usage which includes experience with many modern web applications and a good knowledge of web practices
- Troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Love for helping people and delivering great customer service
- Strong independent work ethic
- High School diploma or equivalent work experience
You’ll Make Us Even Happier With:
- Startup experience, or experience in tech
- Zendesk or Jira experience
- Technical writing experience of any kind
- Basic programming skills or website QA experience
Benefits, Perks, and Wellbeing at Scribd
• Healthcare Benefits: Scribd pays 100% of employee’s Medical, Vision, and Dental premiums and 70% of dependents
• Leaves: Paid parental leave, 100% company paid short-term/long-term disability plans and milestone Sabbaticals
• 401k plan through Fidelity, plus company matching with no vesting period
• Stock Options - every employee is an owner in Scribd!
• Generous Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Flexible Sick Time, Volunteer Day + office closure between Christmas Eve and New Years Day
• Referral bonuses
• Professional development: generous annual budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
• Company-wide Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion programs which include learning & development opportunities, employee resource groups, and hiring best practices.
• Learning & Development and Coaching programs
• Monthly Wellness, Connectivity & Comfort Benefit
• Concern mental health digital platform
• Work-life balance flexibility
• Company events + Scribdchats
• Free subscription to Scribd + gift memberships for friends & family
Want to learn more? Check out our office and meet some of the team at www.linkedin.com/company/scribd/life
Scribd is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.