Senior Director, Analytics and Business Strategy
Remote US Canada
Product, Design, & Analytics – Business Strategy & Analytics /
At Scribd (pronounced “scribbed”), we believe reading is more important than ever. Join our cast of characters as we work to change the way the world reads by building the world’s largest and most fascinating digital library: giving subscribers access to a growing collection of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, documents, Scribd Originals, and more. In addition to works from major publishers and top authors, our community includes over 1.9 M subscribers in nearly every country worldwide.
Have you heard about our future of work program, Scribd Flex? As a key principle, we embrace flexibility and allow employees, in partnership with their manager, to choose the work-style that best suits their individual needs and preferences. And, we create intentional in-person moments with each other that build culture and connection.
About the Team
The mission of the business strategy & analytics team is to ensure the entire company understands business performance and trends, and to empower all business and product teams to make good decisions with data.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Head of Analytics who will be responsible for leading our analytics team and driving data-driven decision-making throughout our organization. The ideal candidate will possess a strong technical background in data infrastructure, analytics engineering, and statistical modeling, combined with exceptional leadership and communication skills.
• Scaling Data Infrastructure: Understand how to scale data infrastructure and collaborate with the Data Engineering and Infrastructure teams to build a reporting tool at scale. Ensure the infrastructure can handle the computation of large data sets at a document, user, and interaction levels.
• Real-Time Analytics: Deliver real-time analytics capabilities, enabling stakeholders to access timely and actionable insights.
• Data Delivery: Ensure the timely delivery of accurate data to stakeholders, meeting defined accuracy service level agreements (SLAs) and implementing checks and balances to maintain data integrity.
• Team Management: Lead and manage a team of over 20 individuals, demonstrating proficiency in organizational structure and optimizing team performance.
• Identifying Gaps and Function Needs: Identify gaps in the current analytics setup and determine the necessary functions required for scaling analytics engineering and econometrics capabilities.
• Scaling Applied Research and Statistical Skills: Scale applied research, statistics, econometrics, and causal inference skills within the team, enabling advanced data analysis and modeling techniques.
• Driving Data Impact: Evolve the organization's understanding of the impact of data, creating opportunities for team members to contribute meaningfully and drive impact.
• Inspiring and Engraining Data Culture: Inspire analysts, data scientists, and econometricians to embrace the potential of data and integrate it into squad processes.
• Causal Inference and Executive Communication: Possess expertise in causal inference and effectively communicate its principles to executives.
• Data Evangelism: Evangelize the value of data-driven decision-making across various departments such as marketing, finance, and content acquisition to enhance analytics impact.
• Scaling AB Testing: Lead discussions with executives on the trade-off between speed and accuracy in AB testing and establish appropriate expectations.
• Predictive Analytics and Scenario Testing: Demonstrate a strong understanding of how to leverage predictive analytics, explanatory analytics, and scenario testing to align finance and product teams and maintain organizational cohesion.
• Finance Language and Business Scaling: Speak the language of finance and showcase how scaling the business can be achieved through new business levers such as sales, promotions, loss leaders, and product upsell and cross-sell.
• Machine Learning Integration: Understand machine learning principles to enable the integration of large language models in analytics and adapt to the ever-changing landscape of artificial intelligence.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in a relevant field (e.g., Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Data Science).Proven experience in scaling data infrastructure and building reporting tools at scale.
• Strong background in real-time analytics and handling large data sets.
• Demonstrated experience in managing and leading teams of 20 or more individuals.
• Proficiency in organizational structure and optimizing team performance.
• Expertise in analytics engineering, econometrics, and applied research.
• Strong knowledge of statistical modeling, causal inference, and machine learning.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to explain complex concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Proven ability to evangelize data and drive its adoption across various departments.
• Experience with AB testing, predictive analytics, and scenario testing.
• Familiarity with finance and the ability to articulate how data-driven insights contribute to business growth.
• Up-to-date knowledge of emerging technologies and their potential applications in analytics.
If you possess a passion for data-driven decision-making, have a strong technical background, and excel in leadership and communication, we invite you to apply for the role of Head of Analytics. Join our team and help us unlock the power of data to drive meaningful impact and growth in our organization.
At Scribd, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package and is determined within a range. Our pay ranges are based on the local cost of labor benchmarks for each specific role, level, and geographic location. San Francisco is our highest geographic market in the United States. In the state of California, the reasonably expected salary range is between $173,500 [minimum salary in our lowest geographic market within California] to $280,500 [maximum salary in our highest geographic market within California].
Outside of California, the reasonably expected salary range is between $143,000 [minimum salary in our lowest US geographic market outside of California] to $266,750 [maximum salary in our highest US geographic market outside of California].
We carefully consider a wide range of factors when determining compensation, including but not limited to experience; job-related skill sets; relevant education or training; and other business and organizational needs. The salary range listed is for the level at which this job has been scoped. In the event that you are considered for a different level, a higher or lower pay range would apply. This position is also eligible for a competitive equity ownership, and a comprehensive and generous benefits package.
Benefits, Perks, and Wellbeing at Scribd
*Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Scribd and the geographical location where you work.
• Healthcare Insurance Coverage (Medical/Dental/Vision): 100% paid for employees
• 12 weeks paid parental leave
• Short-term/long-term disability plans
• 401k/RSP matching
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Learning & Development programs
• Quarterly stipend for Wellness, Connectivity & Comfort
• Mental Health support & resources
• Free subscription to Scribd + gift memberships for friends & family
• Referral Bonuses
• Book Benefit
• Company wide events
• Team engagement budgets
• Vacation & Personal Days
• Paid Holidays (+ winter break)
• Flexible Sick Time
• Volunteer Day
• Company-wide Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion programs
Want to learn more about life at Scribd? www.linkedin.com/company/scribd/life
We want our interview process to be accessible to everyone. You can inform us of any reasonable adjustments we can make to better accommodate your needs by emailing email@example.com about the need for adjustments at any point in the interview process.
Scribd is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, and believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.
Remote employees must have their primary residence in: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, DC, Florida, Hawaii, Iowa, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Washington, Ontario (Canada), British Columbia (Canada), or Mexico. *This list may not be complete or accurate, and candidates should speak with their recruiter about their specific location for remote work.