Mobile QA Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Engineering – Web QA
1. a tech company changing the way the world reads
2. a membership that gives users access to the world’s largest online library of books, audiobooks, sheet music, news, and magazines
We value trying new things, craftsmanship, being an open book, and the people that make our team great.
Join us and build something meaningful.
About the Mobile QA Team
We’re a fun group that enjoys being an advocate for the end-user. We love the challenges of testing and have helped successfully launch a number of features that you see on our mobile apps. We are rigorous on quality, but we use creative ways to get there. If you have an idea on how to improve our already high standards, we’d love to talk to you. We’re always looking for new strategies and better ways of doing things.
Does a misplaced pixel bother you? Are you always pushing the limits of what an app can do? Are you a self-starter who is always looking for the quickest and smartest ways to improve overall experience? If so, you’ll most likely be a great fit for the QA team.
- Be responsible for the quality and stability of Scribd’s mobile applications before they get released.(Running regression Test Plans on both iOS and Android).
- Testing features from our Back End teams that can affect the mobile apps. (Search/Recommendations/Payments)
- Work directly with Product Managers and Developers in an Agile environment to develop end-to-end tests that model real-world usage.
- Work cross-functionally with teams to provide quick, real-time feedback of issues and their resolution.
- Clearly communicate newly found issues and see them through to resolution and closure.
- 3+ years professional experience testing, including both iOS and Android apps.
- Proven experience effectively multitasking between manual test execution and communicating with multiple teams across several channels in Slack.
- Solid experience with API testing using PAW/Charles.
- Experience testing analytics.
- Experience working in a Scrum environment with Agile Methodologies.
- Experience with Xcode and use of ADB commands.
- Experience maintaining and updating test plans in a fast paced feature changing environment.
- Experience testing features that are being a/b tested.
- Programming or scripting experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication across multiple channels of communication.
Nice to have
- Experience testing content recommendations.
- Experience testing search algorithms or interfaces.
Why we work here
• We are located in downtown San Francisco, just a few minutes’ walk from BART
• Health benefits: 100% employer covered Medical/Dental/Vision for regular, full-time employees
• Generous PTO policy plus we close for the last week in December
• 401k matching
• Paid Parental leave
• Monthly wellness budget and fully paid membership to our onsite fitness facility
• Professional development: generous annual budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
• Three meals a day, catered from local restaurants
• Apple laptops and any equipment you want to customize your work station
• Free Scribd membership and a yearly reading stipend!
• Company events that include monthly happy hours and offsites (past events include Santa Cruz, bowling, arcades, geocaching, ropes courses, etc.)
In the meantime, check out our office and meet some of the team at https://www.scribd.com/about
Scribd values diversity, and we make all hiring and employment decisions based on merit, qualifications, competence, talent, and contribution, not who you are by choice or circumstance. We value the people who make Scribd a great place to work and strive to create an environment where your work is supported and personhood respected.