Junior IT Helpdesk
San Francisco, CA
Engineering – Core Infrastructure
1. a tech company changing the way the world reads
2. a membership that gives users access to the world’s largest online library of books, audiobooks, sheet music, news, and magazines
We value trying new things, craftsmanship, being an open book, and the people that make our team great.
Join us and build something meaningful.
About the Job
As a Junior IT Helpdesk at Scribd you will have a unique opportunity to grow your own skills as we grow our IT team and create an amazing work experience for our colleagues. It’s your role to support day-to-day operations, onboard new employees, assist with audio/video, build documentation, and provide general moral support to your coworkers.
You will be responsible for supporting 200-250 users in a rapidly growing environment.
Supporting employees in resolving issues with their computers, document operations, processes, and IT solutions
Being point of contact for the IT Help Desk. - This includes: ensuring that tickets are completed in a timely manner per the helpdesk policy, assist other members of the IT department in troubleshooting tickets, ensuring that closed tickets have appropriate information attached
Supporting Scribd global team by providing remote support for the Toronto, Phoenix and Netherland offices
Help maintain a physical inventory of IT hardware (computers, peripherals, and accessories)
Support live and streaming video events, record and archive events as needed
Support and maintain AV systems across Scribd globally
Proactively identify and address technical issues across the company
Assist with IT onboarding and training curriculum
Design, update, and maintain IT documentation
Other responsibilities may be assigned as appropriate
Must be proficient with macOS, as this is 100% an Apple shop.
1-2 years of professional IT support experience in a OS X environment
Basic understanding of Infrastructure protocols (DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, VPN)
Experience with SaaS applications and integration into the enterprise environment: this includes…Google G-suite, Office 365, Jira, Slack
Ability to support and assist employees with AV systems, both on-site and remote, using Google Meet
Experience using ticket-based enterprise workflow management systems, we use JIRA.
Process and systems oriented with an eye to detail
Excellent verbal and written communications skills
A positive, empathetic, service-oriented attitude with a strong focus on customer serviceAble to independently manage and prioritize workload
Why we work here
• We are located in downtown San Francisco, within walking distance of Caltrain and BART
• Health benefits: 100% employer covered Medical/Dental/Vision for regular, full-time employees
• Generous PTO policy plus we close for the last week in December
• 401k matching
• Paid Parental leave
• Monthly wellness budget and fully paid membership to our onsite fitness facility
• Professional development: generous annual budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
• Three meals a day, catered from local restaurants
• Apple laptops and any equipment you want to customize your work station
• Free Scribd membership and a yearly reading stipend!
• Company events that include monthly happy hours and offsites (past events include Santa Cruz, bowling, arcades, geocaching, ropes courses, etc.)
In the meantime, check out our office and meet some of the team at https://www.scribd.com/about
Scribd values diversity, and we make all hiring and employment decisions based on merit, qualifications, competence, talent, and contribution, not who you are by choice or circumstance. We value the people who make Scribd a great place to work and strive to create an environment where your work is supported and personhood respected.