San Francisco, CA
Engineering – iOS
1. a tech company changing the way the world reads
2. a membership that gives users access to the world’s largest online library of books, audiobooks, sheet music, news, and magazines
We value trying new things, craftsmanship, being an open book, and the people that make our team great.
Join us and build something meaningful.
About the iOS team
We’re a small team working on an app with 80mil active monthly users. You’ll work on everything from UI to API communication to data persistence. We work together with teams across the company, including design, backend, and product, to make a solid app that our users love and use every day.
We believe in continuously improving our skills and codebase, work/life balance, and doing things right over doing them fast. We’re looking for engineers who share this view and are excited about writing quality code, trying new technologies, and playing well with others.
You will work on challenges including:
- Making sure our app is a beautiful, delightful reading experience.
- Experimenting with MVC alternatives and pushing UIKit to the limit to implement delightful & elaborate interfaces.
- Design APIs and systems for synchronizing user data and reading progress across multiple devices seamlessly.
- Build reusable iOS software components for interfacing with the Scribd platform providing the perfect offline experience.
- You are able to solve hard technical problems by making good long term decisions. You care about code review as both a chance to share your work and to learn from others. You focus on well-written, elegant solutions, not just the quick fix, and you never skimp on testing. You are always learning and always working to improve your craft.
- Deep understanding of the iOS platform with proficiency in Swift.
- At least one shipped iOS app.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience.
- Bonus points for experience working on a large-scale, popular iOS app
Why we work here
• We are located in downtown San Francisco, just a few minutes’ walk from BART
• Health benefits: 100% employer covered Medical/Dental/Vision for regular, full-time employees
• Generous PTO policy plus we close for the last week in December
• 401k matching
• Paid Parental leave
• Monthly wellness budget and fully paid membership to our onsite fitness facility
• Professional development: generous annual budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
• Three meals a day, catered from local restaurants
• Apple laptops and any equipment you want to customize your work station
• Free Scribd membership and a yearly reading stipend!
• Company events that include monthly happy hours and offsites (past events include Santa Cruz, bowling, arcades, geocaching, ropes courses, etc.)
In the meantime, check out our office and meet some of the team at https://www.scribd.com/about
Scribd values diversity, and we make all hiring and employment decisions based on merit, qualifications, competence, talent, and contribution, not who you are by choice or circumstance. We value the people who make Scribd a great place to work and strive to create an environment where your work is supported and personhood respected.