Strategic Partnerships Manager
San Francisco, CA
Business Development – Business Development
1. a tech company changing the way the world reads
2. a membership that gives users access to the world’s largest online library of books, audiobooks, sheet music, news, and magazines
We value trying new things, craftsmanship, being an open book, and the people that make our team great.
Join us and build something meaningful.
At Scribd, our mission is to change the way the world reads by offering a huge diversity of content, in all formats, within a single subscription. Our content library offers over 1M ebooks, 150K audiobooks and 80M user uploaded documents in several languages. We are profitable with over 1M paying subscribers globally and growing. The Scribd website receives over 100M monthly uniques, majority of our users coming from outside the US.
This role will be our first Business Development hire to lead a wide variety of deals that help drive revenue growth. We’re looking for someone that can take ownership of the entire deal process and execute on these partnerships from managing strategic alliances with technology vendors, exploring global distribution deals, opportunistically recommending localized payment methods for international subscribers, researching enterprise sales opportunities. This person will also help take on any new initiatives that require partnerships components.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Run the entire deal process from sizing full opportunity, identifying partners, doing due diligence, structuring deal terms, executing agreement and working cross functionality to see it through implementation.
• Work closely with product, engineering and marketing teams to translate business goals into the right user experience and go-to-market plans.
• Develop a deep understanding of our audience, key metrics and value stack to inform partnership priorities and strategy.
• Ability to quickly get up to speed on new focus areas, develop a plan and process, proactively communicate progress and updates.
• Roll up your sleeves to get things done.
• 3+ years of work experience in building a pipeline of high-impact technology alliances, product or distribution deals.
• Strategic mindset - solid understanding of key levers and variables in structuring complex deals. Experience with digital subscriptions is a plus.
• Analytical - leverage data to prioritize and size deals, build an ROI forecast model.
• Proactive - self motivated, thrives with minimal oversight and supervision.
• Ability to clearly articulate potential value partner prop to executives and cross-functional teams - product, engineering, customer success, legal, finance, marketing.
• MBA, prior product or technical experience is a plus.
Why we work here
• We are located in downtown San Francisco, within walking distance of Caltrain and BART
• Health benefits: 100% employer covered Medical/Dental/Vision for regular, full-time employees
• Generous PTO policy plus we close for the last week in December
• 401k matching
• Paid Parental leave
• Monthly wellness budget and fully paid membership to our onsite fitness facility
• Professional development: generous annual budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
• Three meals a day, catered from local restaurants
• Apple laptops and any equipment you want to customize your work station
• Free Scribd membership and a yearly reading stipend!
• Company events that include monthly happy hours and offsites (past events include Santa Cruz, bowling, arcades, geocaching, ropes courses, etc.)
In the meantime, check out our office and meet some of the team at https://www.scribd.com/about
Scribd values diversity, and we make all hiring and employment decisions based on merit, qualifications, competence, talent, and contribution, not who you are by choice or circumstance. We value the people who make Scribd a great place to work and strive to create an environment where your work is supported and personhood respected.