Senior Brand Marketing Manager
San Francisco, CA
Marketing and Editorial – Marketing
1. a tech company changing the way the world reads
2. a membership that gives users access to the world’s largest online library of books, audiobooks, sheet music, news, and magazines
We value trying new things, craftsmanship, being an open book, and the people that make our team great.
Join us and build something meaningful.
Scribd is a rapidly growing, profitable reading subscription service with over one million paying subscribers. Often referred to as the “Netflix of reading,” Scribd offers unlimited access to the best books, audiobooks, documents, and more, on any device.
If your first thought is: “This sounds like a great idea! Why haven’t I heard of it?,” then join us and help us solve that problem!
We’re looking for a Sr. Marketing Manager who is eager to bring awareness and growth to Scribd and make it a part of readers’ everyday lives.
You have marketing experience at a fast-paced, growth-stage consumer startup and thrive in a space that allows you to work quickly, wear many hats, learn, and iterate. You enjoy being both a manager and a contributor to a team.
You’re an analytical and strategic thinker known for your hustle and for turning ideas into reality. You have the ability to set strategy and execute it, while making budgets go far.
About the Role:
This is a new role that offers a seasoned marketer the opportunity to build and shape a team. You’ll set and lead the execution of multi-channel marketing initiatives that drive awareness, acquisition, and loyalty, both locally and in key international markets.
• Set the marketing strategy and drive the day-to-day execution of the marketing team
• Identify and test new opportunities for growth and awareness
• Partner with internal stakeholders to refine/define brand positioning, key differentiators, audiences, and customer engagement strategies
• Onboard and manage external agency partners
• Manage and mentor direct reports
• 6+ years of related experience in marketing at a digital consumer brand (bonus points for experience with subscription models)
• Experience planning and executing paid marketing campaigns across a wide range of channels
• Excellent time management and project management skills, with the ability to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders and quickly execute high-quality work
• Solid analytical skillsHigh flexibility and adaptability
• Comfort delegating or owning tasks, no matter how big or small
Why we work here
• We are located in downtown San Francisco, within walking distance of Caltrain and BART
• Health benefits: 100% employer covered Medical/Dental/Vision for regular, full-time employees
• Generous PTO policy plus we close for the last week in December
• 401k matching
• Paid Parental leave
• Monthly wellness budget and fully paid membership to our onsite fitness facility
• Professional development: generous annual budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
• Three meals a day, catered from local restaurants
• Apple laptops and any equipment you want to customize your work station
• Free Scribd membership and a yearly reading stipend!
• Company events that include monthly happy hours and offsites (past events include Santa Cruz, bowling, arcades, geocaching, ropes courses, etc.)
In the meantime, check out our office and meet some of the team at https://www.scribd.com/about
Scribd values diversity, and we make all hiring and employment decisions based on merit, qualifications, competence, talent, and contribution, not who you are by choice or circumstance. We value the people who make Scribd a great place to work and strive to create an environment where your work is supported and personhood respected.