Regional Manager - LATAM
Business Development – Business Development /
At Scribd (pronounced “scribbed”), we believe reading is more important than ever. Join our cast of characters as we build the world’s largest and most fascinating digital library: giving subscribers access to a growing collection of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, documents, Scribd Originals and more. In addition to works from major publishers and top authors. Our community includes over 1.4M subscribers in nearly every country worldwide.
The Regional Manager is our first business hire in LATAM. This is a senior cross-functional role to lead strategy and operations in one of Scribd’s key markets worldwide. You will sit at the intersection of the internal product, content, and marketing teams + external partners. You will be responsible for translating business and subscriber needs into a prioritized business plan that balances near-term revenue impact and a long-term strategic plan. As a business leader, you will develop a country-first strategy for our offering and monetization, and lead local business development activities in the region. You will ultimately be accountable for driving subscriber and revenue growth in the region. You will lead by demonstrating a strong understanding of consumer trends and business goals, tracking key metrics, translating needs into opportunities, and communicating it in an effective way to stakeholders. This position will report into the VP, International and Business Development, and preferably based out of Mexico City.
- Accountable for growth in your market, delivering on subscriber and revenue targets, while ensuring strong coordination with Content, Marketing and Product teams.
- Develop a GTM plan for launching and expanding into new markets in the region.
- Develop a prioritized business plan weighted by opportunity and effort sizing, and ensure we are executing against the plan in a timely manner.
- Lead local business development activities, such as developing new partnerships and identifying investment opportunities.
- Track and report out key performance metrics for the region, help us make data-informed decisions.
- Communicate regularly with the company leadership to highlight strategic opportunities & gaps, assessment of Scribd’s competitive differentiation and positioning in the market.
- Partner with the product, marketing and content teams on improving and messaging our premium offering to drive new subscriber growth and retention.
- Represent Scribd in the local events, media, and in communication with external stakeholders.
-Minimum of 5 years of proven success in a similar role leading business development/growth/operations at a high growth, B2C company.
- Experience leading GTM and new market expansion.
- Entrepreneurship mentality - you are a self-starter and leader that assumes the risks and rewards of running a fast-paced, sustainable operation and first in-market business hire.
- Strong in-market experience and network.
- Familiarity with market and user research methods, data analytics and A/B testing.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, experience in a cross-functional role. High English and Spanish language proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking.
- Proficiency in Portuguese is a plus.
- Passion for tech and publishing/media.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred.
Want to learn more? Check out our office and meet some of the team at www.linkedin.com/company/scribd/life
Scribd is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.