Senior Security Engineer
San Francisco Office /
Engineering – Security Engineering /
At Scribd (pronounced “scribbed”), we believe reading is more important than ever. Join our cast of characters as we build the world’s largest and most fascinating digital library: giving subscribers access to a growing collection of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, documents, Scribd Originals and more. In addition to works from major publishers and top authors, our community includes over 1.4M subscribers in nearly every country worldwide.
About the team
We are a matrixed organization, with some dedicated security engineering team members and some team members with “day jobs” in various parts of the organization. We report to the head of engineering.
• Govern and lead security in application and cloud based infrastructure
• Build and maintain SIEM, providing real-time visibility on security alerts.
• Work with service teams across engineering on security best practices
• Perform security assessments and communicate them to the proper stakeholders
• Implement comprehensive vulnerability management systems across all assets in the cloud
• Manage Secrets management
• Have 2-3 years of experience within DevSecOps space
• Hands on experience working in a cloud hosted environment
• Experience with tools such as Git, GitHub Actions, Terraform, Jenkins, Docker
• Experience building, maintaining and utilizing SIEM: Panther, Elasticsearch, Splunk ES, AWS GuardDuty, etc
• Comprehensive knowledge in Key Management Systems, Encryption, Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Scanning, WAF, Monitoring tools, etc.
• Familiarity with Information Security frameworks/standards (CIS, NIST, etc)
• Familiarity with API Security, Cloud Security, Container SecuritySignificant knowledge of AWS (or related cloud tooling) systems such as IAM, VPC, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, etc
• Proficient in AWS CLI/API and linux shell (bash, zsh, etc)
• Knowledge of a coding language such as Ruby, Golang, Python
• Experience in participating or leading incident responses
• Experience in exploiting web applications
Benefits, Perks and Wellbeing at Scribd
• Healthcare Benefits: Scribd pays 100% of employee’s Medical, Vision, and Dental premiums and 70% of dependents
• Leaves: Paid parental leave, 100% company paid short-term/long-term disability plans, and milestone Sabbaticals
• 401k plan through Fidelity, plus company matching with no vesting period
• Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion hiring best practices
• Stock Options - every employee is an owner in Scribd!
• Generous Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Flexible Sick Time, Volunteer Day + office closure between Christmas Eve and New Years Day
• Referral bonuses
• Professional development: generous annual budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
• Company-wide Diversity, Equity & Inclusion training
• Learning & Development and Coaching programs
• Monthly Wellness, Connectivity & Comfort Benefit
• Concern mental health digital platform
• Work-life balance flexibility
• Employee Resource Groups that build community and support among employees
• Company events + Scribdchats
• Free subscription to Scribd + gift memberships for friends & family
• Monthly inclusive multi-cultural celebrations & learning opportunities
Want to learn more? Check out our office and meet some of the team at www.linkedin.com/company/scribd/life
Scribd is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.