Sr. Machine Learning Engineer, Recommendations
San Francisco OR Remote US/Canada /
Engineering – Recommendations /
At Scribd (pronounced “scribbed”), we believe reading is more important than ever. Join our cast of characters as we work to change the way the world reads by building the world’s largest and most fascinating digital library: giving subscribers access to a growing collection of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, documents, Scribd Originals, and more. In addition to works from major publishers and top authors, our community includes over 1.5M subscribers in nearly every country worldwide.
We are looking for exceptional, results-oriented, and passionate Machine Learning experts to join our growing Recommendation Team. As an early member of a world-class team, you will help break ground by creating and owning the next generation of machine learning algorithms and end-to-end systems that power the experience for our 6B+ monthly recommendations and 100M+ users around the world.
• 5+ years of experience applying Machine Learning in industry, especially related to Personalization
• Strong background in Machine Learning and Recommender Systems, with deep knowledge of supervised and unsupervised methods (at least one of collaborative-filtering, content-based, deep learning, reinforcement learning, graph neural networks, contextual multi-armed bandit and causal inference)
• Great coding skills and software development experience (preferably in Spark, Scala, Python, Go, and Tensorflow)
• Successful track record of ownership in complex cross-functional projects
• Demonstrated ability to design and build complex systems that have positively impacted the business
• BS in Computer Science, Statistics, or related field
If you are results-oriented, self-driven, motivated to succeed, and are eager to make an impact by working on cutting-edge ML products and shaping Scribd's future, please reach out to us.
We are looking forward to talking to you!
Benefits, Perks, and Wellbeing at Scribd
• Healthcare Benefits: Scribd pays 100% of employee’s Medical, Vision, and Dental premiums and 70% of dependents
• Leaves: Paid parental leave, 100% company paid short-term/long-term disability plans and milestone Sabbaticals
• 401k plan through Fidelity, plus company matching with no vesting period
• Stock Options - every employee is an owner in Scribd!
• Generous Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Flexible Sick Time, Volunteer Day + office closure between Christmas Eve and New Years Day
• Referral bonuses
• Professional development: generous annual budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
• Company-wide Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion programs which include learning & development opportunities, employee resource groups, and hiring best practices.
• Learning & Development and Coaching programs
• Monthly Wellness, Connectivity & Comfort Benefit
• Concern mental health digital platform
• Work-life balance flexibility
• Company events + Scribdchats
• Free subscription to Scribd + gift memberships for friends & family
Want to learn more? Check out our office and meet some of the team at www.linkedin.com/company/scribd/life
Scribd is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.