Senior Product Manager, Content Platform
Remote US Canada
Product, Design, & Analytics – Product /
At Scribd (pronounced “scribbed”), we believe reading is more important than ever. Join our cast of characters as we work to change the way the world reads by building the world’s largest and most fascinating digital library: giving subscribers access to a growing collection of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, documents, Scribd Originals, and more. In addition to works from major publishers and top authors, our community includes over 1.9 M subscribers in nearly every country worldwide.
Have you heard about our future of work program, Scribd Flex? As a key principle, we embrace flexibility and allow employees, in partnership with their manager, to choose the work-style that best suits their individual needs and preferences. And, we create intentional in-person moments with each other that build culture and connection.
About the Team and Role
Our product is the soul and center of everything we do and our product team is entrusted with making the critical decisions that shape the future of both our company and our product. We define the strategy of where our product goes and partner with engineering, design and data to execute and create world class products that our users love.
As one of the largest digital libraries in the world, our content catalog forms the foundation of delightful discovery experiences that reach millions of users around the globe. You’ll build a state of the art catalog management system ensuring that content on our platform can be enjoyed by our users, from the moment of first ingestion until it leaves the platform. To help content (and storytellers) succeed, you’ll develop the foundational business tools that support publishing, distribution and reporting.
You’re not afraid to fail and love thinking of big ideas to shake things up and then get down in the weeds to see if anything sticks. Nothing gets you more excited than working across design, engineering, and data teams to create thoughtful, innovative, consumer focused products that delight your customers. You have a strong, proven record of solving problems efficiently and effectively. You see the bigger picture which empowers you to plot the shortest route or most effective path and the leadership to get buy-in from multiple teams. You have the entrepreneurial and self-starter attitude to build, iterate and get your hands dirty, doing what it takes to get the job done and get it done well.
• Create strategic plans, goals, and prioritized roadmaps to make Scribd a ubiquitous part of our users’ lives. (Users include consumers, storytellers and other internal stakeholders)
• Set content platform goals (availability, quality, and coverage) and illustrate how those drive company impact
• Build resilient systems that improve content flows into and out of availability; from pre-release testing, consumption and storyteller monetization
• Create and align cross-functional stakeholders on content platform performance expectations
• Plan for an integrated approach to receiving, storing and modifying metadata from third parties, publishers and our own in-house Machine Learning teams.
• Work directly with product managers, engineers, design and key business partners to create new and improved user experiences and measure their impact
• Conduct extensive research to understand customer needs, current market solutions and ways that we can offer a differentiated experience
• 5+ years product management experience defining product strategy, prioritizing roadmaps and executing projects, ideally for large-scale content/data products
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills that can flex depending on the audience
• Action-oriented: You embrace ambiguity and take steps to prove/disprove hypotheses
• User empathy: You can easily point to the customer pain point(s) that your product solved, and how it solved that pain better than other
• Strategic Thinking: You possess a track record of planning and executing projects that solve specific business needs with an ability to ruthlessly prioritize
• Collaboration: You consistently deliver results with cross-functional teams
• Moderate SQL experience (while we leverage Looker, an ability to write queries can be an asset) (Preferred)
At Scribd, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package and is determined within a range. Our pay ranges are based on the local cost of labor benchmarks for each specific role, level, and geographic location. San Francisco is our highest geographic market in the United States. In the state of California, the reasonably expected salary range is between $136,000 [minimum salary in our lowest geographic market within California] to $220,000 [maximum salary in our highest geographic market within California].
In the United States, outside California, the reasonably expected salary range is between $112,000 [minimum salary in our lowest US geographic market outside of California] to $209,000 [maximum salary in our highest US geographic market outside of California].
We carefully consider a wide range of factors when determining compensation, including but not limited to experience; job-related skill sets; relevant education or training; and other business and organizational needs. The salary range listed is for the level at which this job has been scoped. In the event that you are considered for a different level, a higher or lower pay range would apply. This position is also eligible for a competitive equity ownership, and a comprehensive and generous benefits package.
Benefits, Perks, and Wellbeing at Scribd
*Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Scribd and the geographical location where you work.
• Healthcare Insurance Coverage (Medical/Dental/Vision): 100% paid for employees
• 12 weeks paid parental leave
• Short-term/long-term disability plans
• 401k/RSP matching
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Learning & Development programs
• Quarterly stipend for Wellness, Connectivity & Comfort
• Mental Health support & resources
• Free subscription to Scribd + gift memberships for friends & family
• Referral Bonuses
• Book Benefit
• Company wide events
• Team engagement budgets
• Vacation & Personal Days
• Paid Holidays (+ winter break)
• Flexible Sick Time
• Volunteer Day
• Company-wide Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion programs
Want to learn more about life at Scribd? www.linkedin.com/company/scribd/life
We want our interview process to be accessible to everyone. You can inform us of any reasonable adjustments we can make to better accommodate your needs by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org about the need for adjustments at any point in the interview process.
Scribd is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, and believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.
Remote employees must have their primary residence in: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, DC, Florida, Hawaii, Iowa, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Washington, Ontario (Canada), British Columbia (Canada), or Mexico. *This list may not be complete or accurate, and candidates should speak with their recruiter about their specific location for remote work.