San Francisco, CA
Engineering – Web QA
1. a tech company changing the way the world reads
2. a membership that gives users access to the world’s largest online library of books, audiobooks, sheet music, news, and magazines
We value trying new things, craftsmanship, being an open book, and the people that make our team great.
Join us and build something meaningful.
About the Web QA Automation Team
We partner closely with Product, Design, Testers and Dev to create robust automated tests create feature test plans that aren’t just about specs and spacing, but are about ensuring a great experience for our customers.
Daily deployments of code from our front end and back end teams keep us on our toes! Dev sprints, building out our automation system, and a good sense of humor keep us grounded and moving quickly.
As a member of our diverse team, you will:
- Develop and execute automated tests based on user stories, manual test cases and technical specifications
- Communicate with QA engineers, developers, product managers, scrum masters and technical support specialists on critical issues
- Design, code and execute automated tests
- Maintain current automation scripts and framework
- Log and verify defects and report test results
- Perform code reviews
- 6+ years of QA automation experience
- Working knowledge of HTML, XHTML, CSS, and JQuery
- Understanding of REST APIs, JSON, and XML
- 3 years minimum experience testing all layers of a web application, including front-end, service layer, and back-end testing
- Experience with testing web services and API
- Working knowledge of Unix shell or other scripting languages
- Experience testing in Agile development methodologies such as ScrumBS in computer science or a related field, or significant equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of automation and test frameworks such as Selenium, Appium, REST Assured, JMeter, Junit, Mocha
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to express complex ideas, designs and issues to both technical and non-technical staff
- Experience utilizing a team communication tool such as Slack
We'd love to see:
- Experience with developing automated tests using WebdriverIO
- Experience in developing QA automation strategy and planning
- Ability to set-up and troubleshoot automation environments
- Experience in testing cross browser compatibility and responsive web UI
- Experience with various CI / CD systems
- Experience in automation integration with DevOps tools
- Experience utilizing Docker for testing
- Proficient writing SQL commands for querying data for validation
This role offers the opportunity to influence not only your team, but also the company at large. You’ll have a key role in helping to build and implement best practices within an organization that understands the value of the Scribd QA group. In other words, you won’t be following trends. You’ll be creating them.
Why we work here
• We are located in downtown San Francisco, just a few minutes’ walk from BART
• Health benefits: 100% employer covered Medical/Dental/Vision for regular, full-time employees
• Generous PTO policy plus we close for the last week in December
• 401k matching
• Paid Parental leave
• Monthly wellness budget and fully paid membership to our onsite fitness facility
• Professional development: generous annual budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
• Three meals a day, catered from local restaurants
• Apple laptops and any equipment you want to customize your work station
• Free Scribd membership and a yearly reading stipend!
• Company events that include monthly happy hours and offsites (past events include Santa Cruz, bowling, arcades, geocaching, ropes courses, etc.)
In the meantime, check out our office and meet some of the team at https://www.scribd.com/about
Scribd values diversity, and we make all hiring and employment decisions based on merit, qualifications, competence, talent, and contribution, not who you are by choice or circumstance. We value the people who make Scribd a great place to work and strive to create an environment where your work is supported and personhood respected.